Best time to exercise?

Demi75
Demi75 Posts: 8
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
I walk on the treadmill that my boss has at the office. I'm wondering should I walk before or after I eat lunch? Which would burn the most calories and fat? Thanks!

Replies

• havi7
    havi7 Posts: 80 Member
    Before lunch, then have your meal afterwards; you'll metabolize that meal better.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    i prefer to exercise b4 lunch that way im not so hungry, if i exercise after i find im hungry again:smile:
  • MrsH06
    MrsH06 Posts: 159
    I had always heard to workout after lunch because you will have more energy in the afternoon after breakfast and lunch and are more likely to fight the afternoon sweets cravings.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    I'm another vote for before. I don't like running after I eat. It makes me sick to my stomach, gives me stitches and gives me heartburn.
  • deb1981
    deb1981 Posts: 5 Member
    I've heard so many different things. I do prefer to work-out right before lunch then after, because I do get sick and feel like my food is trying to come back up. But lately I just work out after work. As long as you're working out is what is important. Keep up the good job!
  • What if you cant work out at lunch at all.. do you think that working out in the morning or at night is better..lets say you work out at 8 or 9 at night you woudn't want to eat after right?? so you would eat before..
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    When I work out at work, I have to work out after dinner when it's slow and there are only 3 of us in the office. It seems to work for me and I usually don't even want a snack when I get home from work after that.
    5248 Posts: 8
    Ive always heard working out in the mornings are the best it boost up your metabolism..
This discussion has been closed.