Girls- How many calories does everyone eat daily?

Options
I had lost 110 pnds on Weight Watchers and I switched to here about a month ago. Now my weight is up far to much for my liking.

Just wondering bc there is so much fuss from doctors and others that 1200 calories is far too little for a person to eat daily!

Replies

• HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    If you go through the guided set up it gives you an amount that usually works for everyone. I manually set mine to 1435, which is between what the guided set up gives me for losing 1.5 and 2 pounds a month.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    You really shouldn't eat less than 1200 NET...it's not good for your body. So think of it like this...The more you workout, the more you can eat:) Just choose healthy options!
  • Nelly711
    Nelly711 Posts: 52
    Options
    I am set at 1340 a day. I was at 1200 a day, but I elt like that was doing more damage than good. I was hungry all the time, tired all the time and had no desire to work out. When I would work out, I was still tired, I would eat back my work out calories, but I was still exhausted and I wasn't seeing any weight loss, so I bumped it up to 1340 and was losing small amounts at a time. I felt better and have energy at least now!! I am 5'5" and 159 lbs.
  • Jentorres8814
    Jentorres8814 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 cals a day and sometimes I find it hard to eat them all. Cause its only 1200 cals a day anything that I eat has to be more nutritionally sound so I eat more fruits and veggies and make better choices through out the day. I've noticed that I have more energy and I don't feel sluggish and tired.
  • JRena225
    JRena225 Posts: 373
    Options
    I ate about 1500 to 1600 calories a day prior to burning about 300 calories working out...
  • UneJolieFemme
    UneJolieFemme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It depends on many things - your current weight, your height, how active you are, female/male etc. Im on a 1200 cal / day, but Im 114 pounds, 5 foot 4 and besides my jogging/work outs Im not very active.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm in my final ten pounds, and aim for 1550 to lose .5 pounds a week. I eat back most of my exercise calories.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    1200 every now and again I will eat a few of my workout calories back but not often.
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    it depends on your body and your BMI. what works for one person, might not work for another. I consume 1200 for now... I will increase it though as I am closer to my goal weight.

for the record, you are going to get a lot of mixed answers and opinions on here. Do yourself a favor, seek advice from the right resources.
  • jennifeffer
    jennifeffer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Good question! I would like to know the anwers too! I lost 10 pounds on WW and then stopped going. Have been eating 1200 cal/day for about 3 months and i havent lost anything. Also doing three to four Jillian Michaels workouts a week. I can't figure it out. The weight should be falling off, shouldn't it?? Very frustrated!!!!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    When I started and had 40lbs to lose I was eating 1200 plus ALL my exercise calories. Now that I only have 8 to lose my goal is 1560 calories and I eat most if not all my exercise calories.
  • teanabean
    teanabean Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My suggested amount is 1960 a day but I usually only get in around 1200-1400 and I don't feel starved at all.
  • sophiessweets
    Options
    I eat 1600 calories per day, and burn 400 at the gym 5 times per week. That way my net total of calories is 1200 per day for 5 days and 1600 for 2 days of the week.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I'm set at 1400 before exercise. After workouts are factored in, it can be anywhere from 1500-1800.

Don't be afraid to eat, especially good food. I'm finding out more and more, ya gotta eat to lose.
  • JennaLee1486
    JennaLee1486 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 calories a day. If I exercise and burn 400, I will sometimes eat half of these "extra" calories. I generally feel full, and have energy and everything. I've lost weight and 1200 a day seems to work for me.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to 1500 but I don't usually net that when I work out as I stop eating when I hit my sodium goal
  • GLLove
    GLLove Posts: 77
    Options
    Mine is set for 2060 (losing 1 pound per week), but I try and stay somewhere between 1500 (-2 lbs) and the max. I only eat back my exercise calories that put me under 1500.
  • monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I seem to eat right around 1300-1400 daily.
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    on rest days I'm at about 1400 but on exercise days... I always try to NET at least 1200
  • pinksoldier
    Options
    i started this at 1200 becasue i didn't really know what i was doing. once i figured things out and realized i needed more intake due to the amonut of activity i do each day, i raised it to 1400 and switched my ratios around on the protein/fat/carbs. i've had mad success since i've started following that plan.

i see a lot of girls setting their goals at 1200 and i often wonder if its because that is the lowest MFP recommends on here. thats why i chose it lol. honestly, your body will tell you if you need more fuel. at least mine did! :tongue: