Vinyasa yoga??

Options
Ok, I did Hatha yoga last week and it was great, pretty basic and relaxing, but the time of that class doesn't work well for me on a regular basis, so I'm thinking of trying Vinyasa flow yoga tonight for the first time... Advice? Tips? I'm just getting into yoga so I don't want to do something I'm not ready for...

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• bellawomenswellness
    bellawomenswellness Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You'll do great. Your Yoga practice is your own. It is about listening to your body and finding "your" pose. No final destination, no perfect pose. Just enjoy the flow linking the movement with the breath, it is a meditative practice. You will LOVE it!
  • hadl0032
    hadl0032 Posts: 117
    Options
    I agree! I LOVE yoga!! Just listen to your body....every time your practice yoga it will be different. Best of luck to you! =)
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You'll do great. Your Yoga practice is your own. It is about listening to your body and finding "your" pose. No final destination, no perfect pose. Just enjoy the flow linking the movement with the breath, it is a meditative practice. You will LOVE it!

Just curious....I have asthma. Do you have any insight as to why I get asthma relief through yoga? When practiced regularly, I can actually stop taking my steroid inhaler. I asked my doctor if he knew why...he said "Who cares? If it works do it!" :laugh: