Girls- How many calories does everyone eat daily?

Options

Replies

• karla1083
    karla1083 Posts: 19
    Options
    I seem to be eating less than 1200, I am not starving myself but it is good to stay 1200 net. I will work to get up to my 1200 calorie intake.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1360 if I work out I allow a little more of my exercise cals. Personally I don't worry if I go a bit under 1200 as long as its not consistent day to day. Sometimes I'm over, sometimes under, sometimes perfect. It balances out for my body.

I'd only be worried if it was consistently under 1200 net. But that's just my personal weigh loss experience. I dipped under 1200 consistently once and didn't lose nearly as much and I don't do well on constant 1200 cals. My body tends to favor the "calorie cycling".

Better to learn what is right for you.
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have mine set up as 1470 with losing a pound a week.
  • thisisjulz
    Options
    I'm doing between 1230 and 1300 depending on the day.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Right around 1600 or so seems to be my "sweet spot." Accounts for eating back some, but not all of my exerise calories. On my long run days I will eat a bit more. However, I do find that the "quality" of my calories is VERY important. IF I eat 1600 cals of junk, the scale won't move, or even goes up (prob sodium and water related), but if I eat right, it falls off.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    For those of you saying you're eating 1200 and not losing... it means you need to eat MORE... there are SO many people on this site who think it's 'counterproductive' and stupid, but there are also SO many people on this website who have UPPED their calories after hitting a plateau and then STARTED losing again! It could be a simple matter of you aren't fueling your body properly and just need to eat more to lose more.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I had lost 110 pnds on Weight Watchers and I switched to here about a month ago. Now my weight is up far to much for my liking.

Just wondering bc there is so much fuss from doctors and others that 1200 calories is far too little for a person to eat daily!

Currently my Net goal is set at 1440, but I'm zig zagging so I actually Net 1940/1440/1440/1940/1440/etc. The average over the cycle comes out to approximately 100-150 calories more than my BMR and about 500 less than my TDEE (per day).

I eat my exercise calories so I'm actually eating anywhere from 1600 to 2300 calories depending on whether it's an easy cardio day or a HIIT/MRT day.

If your BMR is 1100, then 1200 is probably fine. However, if your BMR is 1600, 1200 is probably too little.

BMR = Basal Metabolic Rate (you're body needs this to fuel vital functions)
    TDEE = Total Daily Energy Expenditure (what you need to cut calories from to lose weight)
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I am set up for 1400 each day but all from clean foods only.
  • komplexlysimple
    Options
    I eat 1600 calories sometimes more if I work out. I never let my net get below 1200.
  • cstallings87
    Options
    I have done weight watchers myself and I lost 5 pounds being with them. After I stopped I was at a stand still with my weight. But I am using their technique and this site's technique. It's been very useful for me that way. It's hard trying to stay at 1200 calories a day but I am surprised that I am doing that. I push myself to workout 3-4 times a week on DVD workout videos at home and also play volleyball during the nice weather days.
    I think drinking a lot more water then you normally do makes a HUGE difference too.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    1200 net, but I eat about 1250-1300. I work out, so I am always under my calories
  • GLLove
    GLLove Posts: 77
    Options
    Good question! I would like to know the anwers too! I lost 10 pounds on WW and then stopped going. Have been eating 1200 cal/day for about 3 months and i havent lost anything. Also doing three to four Jillian Michaels workouts a week. I can't figure it out. The weight should be falling off, shouldn't it?? Very frustrated!!!!

Sounds like you may not be eating enough. It seems backwards but its about finding a balance where your body feels comfortable letting the extra fat go.
  • ksherbak
    ksherbak Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm with JENTORRES... I'm at 1200 and surprised at the end of the day when I still have 500 left. I am making excellent food choices and feel great!
  • bar403
    bar403 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started this leg of my journey on 1/1 eating 1200 cal/day and not eating my exercise calories back. I lost 18 lbs quickly but the last 6 weeks I have been stalled out. I have gained and lost the last 3 lbs in varying amounts over these 6 weeks. I started eating back my exercise calories but it wasn't working. No change. Now I'm upping my calories to closer to 1500 starting this week and I will see where that takes me! Trying to break through the mental block of eating more calories may be better!

I'm 5'2" and started at 171 - got down to 152 and this past Sunday was 155. I've been up and down with these "extra" three lbs for 6 weeks....
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1290 if I want to lose 1/2 a pound a week. If i'm maintaining, I like to keep it between 1400 and 1600 a day.
  • ddawnjones
    Options
    Great job! I eat between 1200-1400 daily or less:smile:
  • SLD0125
    SLD0125 Posts: 22
    Options
    I know what it says to do, I just don't know if it is always right. If I set for 1 pnd a week I get 1380 daily. 2 pnds is 1200. 1 1/2 is 1200 also .

But.... at 2 pnds a week and 1 1/2 pounds a week calories it still only estimates 1.4 a week weight loss.
  • bar403
    bar403 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I had lost 110 pnds on Weight Watchers and I switched to here about a month ago. Now my weight is up far to much for my liking.

Just wondering bc there is so much fuss from doctors and others that 1200 calories is far too little for a person to eat daily!

AND BTW, CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss with WW! You look amazing :)
  • barbacasec
    barbacasec Posts: 106
    Options
    I am 5'4 194 lbs and I eat between 1600-1700 calories a day - including exercise calories-

my BMR is 1571 and I multiple that by and activity level of 1.5 (lightly active) which give me calories burned in a day of 2356 so then if I take my deficit of 500-1000 per day for a 1-1.5 lb weight loss a week I am at a needed calories of aprx 1600 cals - I do eat closer to 1700 when I have a really good/long run or gym day... and closer to 1600 on none gym days or light activity days.

it is completely different for each person- and yes MFP does calculate your deficit in your net calories however I think they grossly over estimate the calories burned for each exercise- (based on a few trials with MFP vs my heart rate monitor burn) I do think if you are at a net of 1200 you def need to eat your exercise calories back but be really careful with what they say you are burning off.
    Also because a 5.5 mph jog for a "fit" person is going to have a completely different caloric burn then a "not fit" person. they only factor in height and weight. not fitness level....

anyway thats my 2 cents :)
  • EmmmyK
    EmmmyK Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My doctor and personal trainer agreed 1245 -1400 is perfect..for me.. I'm 5'8 and was 220, now I'm down to 203 it's been about 11 months since I started, but I did get really sick 6 of those months and gained some back. but Now I'm on the right track.. It really depends on your weight.. Biggest Looser Book tells you exactly how to figure it out too.. But, if you eat less than 1200 a day, if something happens when you get ill or eat over you will gain all back quick.. Don't listen to others about what they say.. it all matters on how you feel..

Ok, I found my biggest Looser book, In the book it suggests calories for different zones of weight.. I hope this helps you

Take your present weight and x's by 7 equals your calorie zone that you should stay with, for weight loss. and each time you loose, you will change those calories. Now when you work out, try not to eat those extra calories you burn.

Good Luck,
    Emily