Some days..........

Options
Some days I just can't help it! Like today!! I have a "drug rep" meeting at work and he's brining lunch. And you know what...?!! I really really want that mushroom swiss burger that's 971 cals!! I can't help it! Some days I just want to eat the fat! Is it always going to be like this? I've been good so far. Losing the weight slowly to keep it off. Walking the treadmill, trying to build up my stamina (?sp). Drinking my water...... UGH.........

Today I want to eat that fat and I just don't want to feel so down about it!!:grumble:

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    one day at a time....
  • tlschlp
    tlschlp Posts: 54
    Options
    Others may think differently, but I don't think that it's that big a deal.

Make eating like that every once-in-a-while and, soon, you won't want to eat like that. It's happened to me. I can't even eat hamburgers any longer -- the grease just bothers me now.

Just remember "Lifestyle Change" and cheating just doesn't fit into that. "Treats", "Side trips" fit, but not "Cheating"!

Good luck!
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    So why don't you eat half of it..... I gave in to a lunch yesterday, but I stayed in check.
  • chrisallcock
    Options
    for me you shud have an OFF day if you will otherwise constant calorie watching and dieting will get tedious and boring like anything we do on a daily basis so a treat is good...just dont over do it :P

5800340.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • karla1083
    karla1083 Posts: 19
    Options
    I know how you feel some days are harder than others.....don't give in! I have a recipe for a mushroom burger which is low on calories I will send it to you maybe you will like it...I surely did!
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    just work out longer and do things to get more excercise calories. or cut it in half and eat the rest later. Dont feel guilty ! sometimes you can take a break because you will go crazy if you dont let yourself have a little bit of what you like. Moderation!
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    If it is a once in a while thing, go for it. You just can't make that a habit again. We all need cheat days every now and then.
  • amm703
    amm703 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    One day is not a big deal.
    I have noticed the further I get along on this journey, when I do have those cheat days the food is not as good/satisfying as I remember it.
  • nursedianne
    nursedianne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll!! Makes me not feel like such a failure! And that's a great idea! I will cut it in half!! It's huge anyway! And yes I will probably suffer from the "grease". My man and I have cut all 99% of fried foods so when I eat something that has a lot of grease I always suffer!!

Thanks for all the support!! It makes a difference!! :happy:
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    This journey truly centers around portion control and loving our bodies. No one need's a nearly 1000 calorie burger. But, if you like the taste, go for 1/2. Chew each bit really well. Take your time. And enjoy that 1/2 a burger. And then, you are saving 500 calories almost! :)
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    This journey truly centers around portion control and loving our bodies. No one need's a nearly 1000 calorie burger. But, if you like the taste, go for 1/2. Chew each bit really well. Take your time. And enjoy that 1/2 a burger. And then, you are saving 500 calories almost! :)
  • kkruse08
    kkruse08 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I totally agree, we all need those days where we eat what we crave but in moderation. i had a burger yesterday and yesit is like others have said, it wasn't as good as i last remembered. i hope it does get easier because some days are really tough for me still.