Just Dance 2 - Is it any good?

Options
Hi, I'm thinking of going out to buy Just Dance 2, and was wondering two things,
How well does the game read your movements? And does it really get u to work out? Just wanted ppls opinions who have tried it, thnx!

Replies

• Leaimperfection
    Options
    I have it. :)
    It's very good, gives you a good, stable, hard workout. It has a workout option also.
    It picks up your moves really well. :)
    I would recommend it.
  • akossen
    akossen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think its great, its super fun so it doesnt feel like working out...but I get more of a workout when I'm playing against someone.
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    i love it and would recommend it.....i am not the best dancer so it does have it moments of not recognizing my moves; but i asure you it is me and not the game. it is a blast and if you want to have fun and still work out....you should get it.
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I like Just Dance 2 and do it frequently for my workout, but I've learned a few things after pulling my hamstring doing the game:

Make sure you STRETCH before and after

Wear shoes - jumping around on a hard floor (even carpeted) isn't good for you.

Drink water while doing it - there is often a pause between songs long enough to take a good sip of water.

You can modify your leg movements to keep it lower impact - since the controller is in your hand that's really the only thing it truly picks up. This was helpful when I was wearing a knee brace and being extra careful because of the hamstring injury. I still got a good workout from the arm movements and marching in place.

Don't worry about points - as long as you're enjoying it and you're sweating, it's no big deal if you don't get the movements perfect.
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Options
    It's good, and so much fun! I played for the first time yesterday and had a blast, an hour went by so much more quickly than on a stationary bike :) Worked up just as good of a sweat too.
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i love it! i totally don't feel like i am exercising, and yet i get just as hot and sweaty as when i am doing workout dvds. i find it is really good for my arms, some of those dances seem to keep your arms waving above your head almost the whole song. so if you can't get the feet (like i invariably can't because i am a sucky dancer) you could dance one day, and do like a walking dvd or something another day. the game also reads how much you are moving your controller around as well as if the movements are correct, so even if you don't get them right, it can still tell you how hard you are working with those awesome wrong moves (like i do).
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU! exactly what i was hoping i would hear! and @ruststar ty for the points to stretch, wear shoes, and have a water handy - lol, i prolly wouldn't do any of those at first. Now I'm way excited!
  • lisam724
    lisam724 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love it I just ordered the first one on amazon it was 24.99 and it's 30.00 everywhere else !
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Get it, get it, get it!! I love that game. It makes you sweat like crazy too!
  • lovezumba
    lovezumba Posts: 26
    Options
    i Have actually burned about 800 calories today from doing what i love!!!!!!!! Just dance 2 is an amazing cardio workout and yu really have fun doing it. The way I keep track of calories burned so I can put it in my diary is that I play it on the SWEAT mode. In this mode it adds up sweatpoints based on how hard you are actually dancing. To determine the calories, I take my sweat points and devide them by 10. this seems very reasonable becuase i believe that every 10 sweatpoints is equal to 1 calorie burned.

Its a great workout and if you have kids or what npt, you can get them to exercise to by danceing, they have kid friendly songs on it too!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck, Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. WATER is key, and if you are playing by yourself, i recommend putting another remote in your other hand to balance out the weight so that you are not just working one side of your body! HTH
  • rikiOR
    rikiOR Posts: 13
    Options
    I love it! Do it all the time!! I do the sweat program level 2. 7000 cals a week. The cals burned isnt completely accurate. You have divide by 4.2 to get the actually cals burned. It is great fun. My MFP friends call me the dancing queen. LOL
  • Jillmgk36
    Jillmgk36 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I didnt know it calculates calories burned- is that the sweat points? I think its a fun workout. I am a terrible dancer but have taken advantage of a big empty bedroom to unwind and burn some calories.