Diet

Options
so today I tried asking a friend too accept my friend request on this and she said she deletes it because it's like a diet and all she keeps thinking about is food.

I thought about it.... And

I don't really do diets. I watch what I eat. It's like a hobby too me. The more C$&@ I eat the more fat ugly and bloated I feel. The simplicity of meals and the good nutrition and definitely the education is what makes a successful diet- it's more long term than temporary.

So watching the calorie in take shouldn't scare you bc your about too go over. It's more like making a few adjustments too a better eating plan.

Idk... Just a thought I had too share.

Replies

• bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Your friend just doesn't want to take care of herself.

I don't "diet". I eat a healthy diet every day.
    When I hear diet I think of an overweight person eating certain foods for 2 months to drop 20 pounds.

I like keeping up with my foods.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I agree. While "diet" literally means whatever you eat, it has come to have some aweful, depressing, connotations. I like this site because there isn't a specific regimen, and the results are completey up to me, not some magic food or pill or exercise. And MY results will be permanent.
  • Phornixx
    Phornixx Posts: 16
    Options
    I see it as a reality check. Sometimes things i think are okay turn out to be high in cals or fat and its not that I mind having something else... its just that I didn't think about having something else until I joined this site... now I imput food I want to eat... and if it comes out bad I rethink and am just as happy with another food item thats better for me. Its a shame your friend gave up so easily... but I guess different things work for different people.
  • Requisite
    Options
    Your friend just doesn't want to take care of herself.

I don't "diet". I eat a healthy diet every day.
    When I hear diet I think of an overweight person eating certain foods for 2 months to drop 20 pounds.

I like keeping up with my foods.

I'm trying to adapt to this lifestyle. I tend to have the "oh well" approach if I happen to indulge in food that I know for a fact doesn't provide any nutritional value to my eating regime.