From NJ outside Philly

Options
Hi my name is TC and I joined about a month ago but am just now introducing myself. I had my first baby on January 29th and am looking to maintain my weight. I an akso looking to change my eating habits as I am nursing my little boy and know that what I eat he eats. So far from looking at my food diary I could be eating more fruit and veggies which I love but for some reason don't seem to be eating. I also need to work out more to get my pre-pregnancy body back. The pregnancy weight is gone but my muscles are in all the wrong places. I'm hoping that this will help me be more accountable and keep me on track. I am a former athlete and know what it's takes to get in shape and stay in shape but I must say it's much hard to do now since staying in shape is no longer a side effect from loving a sport and wanted to excel at it.

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    GO FLYERS!!!! Cute pic! First article of clothing I bought for all 3 of my kids (2 boys and a girl) were Flyers jerseys.
  • fitmom4ever
    fitmom4ever Posts: 130
    Options
    Where in Jersey? I live in the Deptford/Washington Twp area. My youngest will be a year old next month and I am also breastfeeding, trying to maintain my weight, and hoping to tone my muscles back to prepregnancy shape. I'm sending over a friend request.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that you need ~500 extra calories a day, for the little guy. This may effect how you 'eat back' your cals....
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    The Baby is beautiful, My daughter just had a little boy March 4th.
    I think when your busy it's easier to just grab a sandwich or dry snacks. It takes more time to make a salad or cut up a piece of fruit when the baby need attention. Try to cut up fruits and veggies or use a bag salad when you have a free min. and eat them during the day.
  • tcbobroski
    tcbobroski Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stooooo - I have to tell you that I used to be a Flyers Ice Girl and my little guy will be raised to love them just as much. I was on the team for the 06-07 & 07-08 seasons. I used to have to clean the ice during the games.

pds06 - thanks for the tip I'll be sure to give that a try after my next food shopping trip.

wannabfitmom - I live in Cherry Hill.
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Sorry i am a Devils fan! haha i wont say anymore about that.. but i AM from central jersey! Somerest/Middlesex Co. area.. I dont have any kids, but its nice to kno ppl in your area! if anyone else is from this area id love to be friends! :)
  • Laur1124
    Laur1124 Posts: 7
    Options
    Devils!!!! Im the odd bird out, South Jersey AND a Devils fan, my fiance is a Flyers fan (hardcore) and is raising our son to be one! I didn't really have a choice haha. I gace up hope when we found out we were having a boy and my fiance saud thats it he's a Flyers fan! :P