Is it realistic?

Options
I'm 5'7", *currently* 187#, and 'big-boned' (not just saying this, medically proven haha!)
My goal weight is 159, at the very top of my 'healthy' BMI range. I feel like this would be a good weight for me as I have viciously strong thighs, big boobs, and big bones, all of which I have inherited and aren't going away any time soon :tongue:
The thing is, is I really, really, really, once again, REALLY want to fit into cute, young clothing. Like Volcom jeans and O'Neil type brand name stuff. The problem? Their clothes are SUPER DUPER tiny!
When I was a juniors 11 (back when I was 13...) I still couldn't fit into Volcom junior 11...
And I don't think I'm gonna be much smaller than an 11 when I'm 160, I just don't want to reach my goal weight thinking I'll get into these clothes an then not be able to...
Are any of you out there around 5'7" and 160#? What size are you, roughly? I think I'd need to be like a 6 or an 8 to get into the clothes I want to get into, at the biggest.
Realistic?

Replies

• pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    I am 5'10 with three kids. My smallest weight after kids was 160. I have put myself to a goal size rather than weight, because when I went to the doctor when I got to 160 to complain that I couldn't get any more weight off-he said, you don't need to and I don't recommend you losing any more. I had put on muscle and even though I was 15 lbs heavier than my goal-I was fitting into my goal size, because of the muscle increase.

Also-question, What do you mean big boned? Are your bones more dense? What does that mean?
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    Big-boned, means that they're larger than average :P
    For a visual, I'm 5'7", and my wrist diameter is 7". And that's not fat, I have bony wrists hehe!
    It's just a way of saying that I have a large frame, like XL hands and size 10 feet. :smile:
  • cris12
    cris12 Posts: 90
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and a loose size 6 at 118. I don't think you should worry about what brand of clothes you can fit in, since there's still so many cute things out there for any size! Focus on gradually losing inches and soon enough you'll have to go shopping for new clothes :) It depends on your proportions, but I've heard people say losing 10 pounds means going down a size.
  • keynesian
    keynesian Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7" with a large to medium frame (using wrist measurement as a gauge) and currently weigh 138 lbs (138 is the mid point of normal BMI for me) and with a goal weight of 126 lbs.

I wouldn't worry one bit about fitting into particular brands - you can always find similar styles albeit with different labels!
  • JillW1971
    JillW1971 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7", down to 150 lbs. and have recently tried on some of the juniors clothing. Depending on the brand, size 11 may fit or is tight on me. I am also 39 years old and have had two kids so I probably carry my weight different than someone younger like yourself.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    How do you find out what size fram you have?
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 160 and have big legs ugh and wear 6-8 depending on the store so don't despair I think you can make it to an 8 at least. When I was a teenager I wanted to wear abercrombie those mini denim skirts and they didn't fit at all but when I lost 35 lbs and was 157 size 8 was all of a sudden PERFECT Icoudnt believe it!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    i have never measured my wrist. I have ENORMOUS hands and a size 12 foot. I always thought I had small wrists though. So who knows-maybe I do have a large frame to. It does run in the fam!!