Diet Coke!! good or bad?

Options
2»

Replies

• abbyph311
    abbyph311 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Soda should be considered a 'treat'. If you really crave it, have one. Don't drink it everyday just because it's there ya know? Water is much healthier. Some people who are addicted to caffeine have withdrawal headaches. So if you drink diet coke on a regular basis I would say to gradually decrease it instead of stopping cold turkey.
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Okay so would it make a huge difference if I cut out Diet Coke? and just drink water? I want to lose weight in every way possible!! would cutting out the Diet Coke make a difference?:explode:

it's good, cuz without it I am a world class *kitten* :)
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I think I concur with everyone about soda being bad for you & having ingredients that are not good for you. Water is way better, cleans you system & slowly but surely rids your body of toxins that have accumulated over a period of time. Water aids in weight loss & has many benefits over any other drink.. so YES to water & NO to Soda.
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    BAD BAD BAD....Diet Dr. Pepper is way better :wink:
  • TimWeis75
    TimWeis75 Posts: 30
    Options
    Diet soda has never really tasted "good" to me. I've given up on it.

My wife and I make a pot of tea in the coffee maker once a week and dump that it into a 2L pitcher 2/3 full of ice.

8 tea bags where you normally put the coffee, brew normally. Dump carafe full of "hot tea concentrate" into pitcher and voila! Iced tea!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree....I would definately cut out diet sodas. They have nothing good in it at all!!! You will see better results just sticking with good ol H20:) Good luck to you. I only drink water now with added lemon and has made such a difference for me. You may get withdrawals from it (headaches) if you are a big soda drinker but it won't last long:)
  • jmafte
    jmafte Posts: 46
    Options
    This doesn't really apply to diet soda, but diet soda is still soda. Chugging soda is one of the easiest ways to pack on the pounds (the average can contains 10 teaspoons of sugar). But drinking as few as two soft drinks a week can nearly double a person’s risk of getting pancreatic cancer, too. That’s the finding of a study published in the journal Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention, according to a report on e-how.com. Want more bad news? Consuming more than 2.5 sugary sodas per day significantly increases your risk of death from cardiovascular disease as well as your risk of developing diabetes.
  • joilet
    joilet Posts: 99
    Options
    well, it's definitely bad, there's no arguing that
    drinking straight water is by far the healthiest thing for you

but what is the lesser of 2 evils...

3:00 at work, and all i want is something sweet... i can choose the snickers bar from the vending machine and sabotage my calorie goal for the day, or i can choose a diet coke and put artificial junk in my body

diet coke usually prevents me from eating something bad