counting calories burned

Anneice
Anneice Posts: 6 Member
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
I just purchased a pedometer watch that calculates calories burned based on my heart rate. should I calculate in my burned calories from teaching and house cleaning and things like that that are not a part of my weekly excercise calorie burning goals? I was wondering if the myfitnesspal system already puts in estimates for "regular" calorie burning . thank for any help or suggestions

Replies

• beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,728 Member
    If, when you started, you put "sedentary" as your lifestyle, you can add in extra calories for your day to day things. (You can--I don't, but you can).

However, if you put you were, for example, "lightly active", the program already took that activity into account in figuring out the calories needed, so you should not add the activities in separately.
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    You most certainly can and I, personally do, some of the time. If cleaning out a closet or scrubbing floors or the bathroom and am working up a good sweat then I count it. If I am doing the daily dishes, folding laundry, sweeping the kitchen then I don't count it.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    It depends on what you put in as how active your lifestyle is if you put active or somewhat active then it already counts them. My general rule is if it was something I did before as a part of my daily life, it doesn't count as exercise. If I did it before and still managed to gain weight, it isn't exercise.
  • Anneice
    Anneice Posts: 6 Member
    Ok i will not count them, thank you so much
This discussion has been closed.