Home scale recomendations?

Options
Does anybody have a home scale they swear by? I have one that I dont like. If I weigh myself it says I'm 211 if I turn it in a different direction it says 214 if I turn it in a different direction yet again it'll say 212. WTH?!

Replies

• ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    I used to be a SLAVE to my scale...weighing myself at least twice a day...:( I loved my scale and it was super acurate...but last week I had my husband HIDE IT...and now I feel wonderful!! :) I plan to weigh myself only once a month..which is a HUGE change for me....:)
  • mrsblair84
    Options
    I have a dial scale from wal mart. I can't really read it that well. I think I want a digital one so I don't have to have my fiance tell me how much I weigh.
  • kamechaf
    kamechaf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    BUMPing because I need one too! I have an old fashion one!
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    my scale changes weight with directions too... my husband said "are you sure your not standing on a compass? " lol looking to see any further postings for a new one!
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I love my weight watchers digital scale. Have had it for several years and still going strong. I have several MFP friends that have bought them too, and I hear good things. Bought it at WalMart.
  • mrsblair84
    Options
    I have a dial scale from wal mart. I can't really read it that well. I think I want a digital one so I don't have to have my fiance tell me how much I weigh.

My fiance just suggested getting something that's an exact weight...like a 10 pound weight or something. Put it on there, just to make sure its calibrated correctly. Maybe the adjuster is too loose and doesn't stay on 0. *He wanted to use his hvac studies for this answer* Good luck!:tongue:
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    go to kohls. scale from biggest loser, 25 dollars, you dont need the advanced one, those can cost up to 100 dollars, but this one, no matter how you step on it if you hit it too hard, itll still go to your weight. if you step on it, and say it says you weigh 155 by stepping on it hard, it will go down to your actual weight, no matter how you step on it. i love it.
  • BrittRWilson
    BrittRWilson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love my scale:

http://amzn.com/B0032TNPOE

I love that it is extra wide so I don't have to balance on this little platform, and it is very easy to read!
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have an Eat Smart scale that I bought on Amazon for $29 (free shipping). Someone on here recommended it, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I really like it. It seems really accurate... just make sure it's on a very hard, very flat surface.

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299856839&sr=8-1
  • Lakelady48
    Options
    I love my digital scale - just bought the one on Walmart.com with the most favorable reviews. It seems pretty accurate. I also could no longer read my old, dial type scale. I'm not a slave to the scale, but feel the need to have the tools to do this job.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Weighing a weight is an awesome idea...(duh!) I don't know why I never thought of doing that. :) I will try it. Thanks!

I will also look into the Eat Smart and WW scale.

Thanks to all for your replies.