Vitamix Recipes

Options
We just bought one for healthier eating and would LOVE any MFP's to share some of their favorite recipes withe me. Looking for any healthy ones....soups, smoothies, juices anything you have to share! Thanks everyone!! I'm excited to start using it stocked up on fresh produce so ready to go :) YAHOO tortilla soup can't wait ..ha-ha

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Tip if you want to make your own natural nut butters... roast the nuts first, then grind until smooth. Roasting helps to bring out the natural oils. If you don't roast them first, then you will have to add oil.
  • tmac2529
    tmac2529 Posts: 8
    Options
    thanks for the tip :)
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised there aren't any more responses on this.

I do have to admit that I've had my Vitamix for several years now and don't use it nearly as much as when we first bought it. We opt for the Magic Bullet to make our protein shakes; it's so much easier to use and clean! And drinking from the same cup you blend in is a bonus.

That being said, I do LOVE the Vitamix! It's very powerful and great for blending up batches of soups and crushing ice, etc. I love that you don't have to skin much of any fruit or veggie to use it. I don't use it much now just because I tend to cook with very few ingredients and most good recipes required a lot of ingredients to get good flavor without adding sodium.

I'm hoping my post will bump this so someone might post a good recipe that I can try too! :wink:
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I just got my vitamix yesterday and I'm so freakin' excited!!!!! I made a green smoothie with apple and collard greens, and one with carrot and mango, both awesome!! I also made guacamole, no more trying to squeeze the juice out of the lime, I just peeled in and threw it in there! can't wait to try more and more recipes!!