FULL plate of Cheesy Shrimp Fajitas for under 500 Calories!

Options
jr1985
jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
Hungry for Mexican, but it's not doing anything for your waste line? Try these, I made them last night and they were amazing and ready in about 20 minutes! Plus had TONS of fiber and protein!

Ingredients:
1/4 Yellow Onion Chopped
1 large red bell pepper chopped
3 cloves of garlic chopped
1 small package of Port Side Salad shrimp. (you can use other shrimp if you want... 1 1/4 cup frozen uncooked)
2 wedges laughing cow queso fresco cheese
2 tsp packaged taco seasoning
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
black pepper, adobo and creole seasoning to taste
2 homestyle 100 calorie whole grain tortillas

Directions
1. Chop the veggies... I tend to chop the onions first and start cooking them first since I like them the most done, but you could put them all in together if you wanted.

2. Spray a skillet with cooking spray so the veggies won't stick, and cook on medium until they are soft cook the frozen shrimp in the pan with the veggies until cooked through out .
- If your veggies and shrimp don't sweat out a lot of water, then add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water to make spices coat easier, etc.

3. stir in your spices to taste and your laughing cow cheese until melted through out.

4. Put half in each Tortilla and Enjoy!

Replies

• woodjygirl
    Options
    use Buena Vida Low Carb tortillas and save yourself an additional 20 calories.
  • dazzlepants
    Options
    Sounds great - thanks!
  • mayasmom
    mayasmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This looks AMAZING! I'll have to look for that Laughing Cow Cheese ... I could probably even eat this without the tortilla or even over a 1/2 cup brown rice. YUM!
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh... these sound amzaing. Thank you for sharing. I wish I didn't live in a dinky little town with one grocery store that doesn't carry most of these things... grrr...
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    YUUUUUM! Thanks for sharing, I will have to try this!
  • jr1985
    Options
    This looks AMAZING! I'll have to look for that Laughing Cow Cheese ... I could probably even eat this without the tortilla or even over a 1/2 cup brown rice. YUM!

Ohh Rice would be good! Thanks for the idea!
  • Pearcecat
    Pearcecat Posts: 68
    Options
    Yum, yum!. This sounds gorgeous!!. I don't think I'll find that cheese here but maybe I'll add a bit of the chilli cheese from Aldi & count the calories on that instead. A side of spicy brown rice sounds fab too. I think I will have this for my Friday treat dinner this week!
  • ValMae
    ValMae Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • Neuroticwench
    Neuroticwench Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sweet, I've been looking for something just like this! I'll have to give it a try. :smile:
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    Is there a substitute for the shrimp? I don't like it :( but the rest sounds amazing!
  • jr1985
    Options
    Is there a substitute for the shrimp? I don't like it :( but the rest sounds amazing!

Chicken would also be great with it, I don't know what the calorie difference would be with that though, I'm sure you could use steak or pork also if you wanted as well... just subtract the shrimp calories (150) and add in the calories for however much meat you put in... you could maybe even just use black peans in it as your protein instead of meat?
  • nurse_christieyne
    Options
    I will be adding this to my list to try. Sounds great.
  • dodier01
    dodier01 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing!! Will definitely try it out!!
  • mayasmom
    mayasmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I made this tonight for dinner. Doubled the shrimp and onion but nothing else...still came out VERY cheesy and SO delicious! I'm adding this to my regular meals!

I'm also now obsessing about what else I can do with Laughing Cow Cheese. I don't normally go for processed cheese but this was seriously good and I know they have other flavors out that would be incredible with other recipes!
  • jr1985
    Options
    I made this tonight for dinner. Doubled the shrimp and onion but nothing else...still came out VERY cheesy and SO delicious! I'm adding this to my regular meals!

I'm also now obsessing about what else I can do with Laughing Cow Cheese. I don't normally go for processed cheese but this was seriously good and I know they have other flavors out that would be incredible with other recipes!

Thanks! Glad you liked it! If you are interested I started another thread asking people what their favorite laughing cow cheese recipe was and got a lot of great responses! You can find it on my page if you like :)