What do you pack for lunch?

Options
Nikkerz620
Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
I want to get away from frozen meals because of the sodium etc.

I get sick of the same thing very fast so I need to mix it up a bit and leftovers always seem dry and just don't hit the spot most of the time.

Besides sandwiches and salads what do you take for lunch that keeps you satisfied?

Thanks!!! :0)

Replies

• manda1028
    manda1028 Posts: 148
    Options
    i just had tomato soup and some crackers. tasted so good! ill have to start bringing soup to the office more often :)
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    I am personally a big snacker! I bring fresh raspberries, celery and peanut butter, hummus, almonds, lara bars, apple, orange or banana, cereal in a baggie, whole wheat light english muffin, oatmeal, ezekial cinnamon raisin bread, protein shake etc.
  • crissi66
    crissi66 Posts: 98
    Options
    i love a basic chicken, broccolli and pineapple stirfry. super easy to make and its impossible to be dry. use chicken stock , soy sauce and some basic stir fry sauce( you can find in the international aisle in any grocery store). chop up some onion and stir fry it all together. great with some pasta or rice.
  • eryn415
    eryn415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I can make an exciting salad out of anything. Some of my favorites are:

black beans, boca burger (cooked and crumbled up), a bit of cheese, salsa, corn, cilantro and lettuce

chicken breast, almonds toasted in my frying pan, dried cranberries, crumbled blue cheese and a tiny bit of home made oil and vinegar dressing

I can make a salad with almost any leftover meat from dinner the night before. I also have my husband grill up chicken breasts for me every once in a while, then freeze them. Then when I need a quick lunch, I grab one from the freezer.

I also like to buy frozen dinners from Trader Joe's that typically contain 2 servings. Then I eat half for lunch one day, and half the following day. Trader Joe's meals seem to have a lot less junk in them that Lean Cuisine or other frozen meals.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time answering this because other than an occasional sandwich or salad, everything I bring to work are leftovers. Why making something for just one meal when it is so easy to make twice as much and bring half to work?

Have you tried making dinner the night before with the goal of bringing half to work the next day? You may add more spice and flavor or put it in a better container if you know it is tomorrow's lunch.

I guess wraps with low-cal tortillas are another idea. I also keep cheerios and milk at work in case I need a quick and healthy snack.
  • BassClarinetist
    Options
    lots of water. and fresh fruits and veggies cut up for easy eating and portion control
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    wraps, crackers, bars, yoghurt, nuts, beans
  • nimmi1302
    nimmi1302 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Homemade soups (chicken noodle, veggie chilli, minestrone, etc etc);
    greek yogurt w/strawberries, blueberries and toasted almonds;
    salad (greens-sweet peppers-low fat feta cheese-tomatoes-pecans-grilled chicken with italian dressing),
    whole wheat pasta with grilled chicken, marinara , steamed broccoli
    whole wheat spaghetti with marinara and home made meatballs (with ground chicken)