acai berry

Options
I had seen an article on this site recommending acai berry. I clicked on the site where to order it from. I read about the product and ordered it for $5.95 s&h. This has been several weeks and they said it would ship within 3 days. I did get a confirmation with a toll free # that does not work!!! Unfortunately, there is no name of the company or an address. Yesterday I received another e-mail saying it shipped out several days ago and provided a tracking #. When I went in and tried to track it they say there's no # on file for the pkg. After I ordered this product I heard several nightmare stories about this website. I understand about 2 weeks after you receive the sample bottle that the company charges your charge card $80 and starts shipping out a months supply without your permission. If anyone has a correct phone# for this company please let me know. I need to be prepared when the time comes. Thanks!

Replies

• flash
    flash Posts: 11
    Options
    I had seen an article on this site recommending acai berry. I clicked on the site where to order it from. I read about the product and ordered it for $5.95 s&h. This has been several weeks and they said it would ship within 3 days. I did get a confirmation with a toll free # that does not work!!! Unfortunately, there is no name of the company or an address. Yesterday I received another e-mail saying it shipped out several days ago and provided a tracking #. When I went in and tried to track it they say there's no # on file for the pkg. After I ordered this product I heard several nightmare stories about this website. I understand about 2 weeks after you receive the sample bottle that the company charges your charge card $80 and starts shipping out a months supply without your permission. If anyone has a correct phone# for this company please let me know. I need to be prepared when the time comes. Thanks!
  • mpf1118
    Options
    yes, I saw the same ad, at the bottom of the webpage, it says that they are going to charge your credit card the money after a certain amount of days...so I did not order it. You can go to your local health food store and they should have very simular products there for you.
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    How strange, I was just reading that.
    I closed the window after I read it, it seems good but... A little too good to be true. :cry:
    That's just my opinion and habit of not trusting google ads, I guess.
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Oh that sucks! I hate those kinds of companies. I suppose if worst comes to worst you could talk to your bank/credit card company, they might be able to refuse the charges for you? Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Just to make everyone aware: This company is BOGUS! I had the exact same problem as flash and either always got hung up on after the greeting when I tried calling them or got put on hold and NEVER spoke to a human being! That's how they make their money, they don't pick up the phone so you can't cancel your order!

Anyway....my bank is investigating it and will refuse the payments if they determine they are in fact a bogus company.

I am calling the BBB.

FYI:mad:
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Flash-the # I had, the ONLY one, is 877-350-8480. Good luck! You're gonna need it!:noway:
  • Dropka
    Dropka Posts: 72
    Options
    if you paid with your credit card- not bank card- contact them- then can help get your info on them to help you
  • Dropka
    Dropka Posts: 72
    Options
    there are a bunch of businesses that sell that stuff so you have to make sure that the one you are calling is the one that you ordered it from. check the charge you have on your credit card, sometimes there is phone number there or a different name you can look up. and use those numbers to check with the BBB - www. bbb.org- under the usa site (not your state)
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    If you want to try the Acai Berry, you can find products that contain the berry in health food stores or the organic food section of local grocery store. GNC and drugstore.com, carry some variation of it but I would stay away from the website's promising free trials. You never now what you are going to get. They also have Organic juices that have the acai berry mixed into them.