How do I get rid of the Mommy Tummy?

Options
When I had my last child, I split my stomach mucsles (Diastassis Recti). I have been told by my doctor the only fix is surgery, which I can't justify since it is considered cosmetic. I have tried situps but that just makes the muscles pooch out more. Does anybody have anything that has worked?

Replies

• jesn311
    jesn311 Posts: 43
    Options
    Bump!
  • lilbb
    lilbb Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi i had a ceserean nearly 4 years agp and i cant get rid of the bump, i do sit ups and it just makes it harder rather than getting rid of it.

Running out of ideas now!
  • crystal10584
    Options
    I'm not sure I'd consider repairing internal damage as "cosmetic" now if you were getting a tummy tuck and a bit of lipo with it... that's where I'd call it "cosmetic"
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Abdominoplasty is the only solution. I couldn't even do a sit up because my muscles were completely detached from my abdominal wall. Thats crazy to believe its merely "cosmetic". Technically, its medically necessary and having a nice looking tummy from the surgery is an added bonus in my opinion!!!
  • Erica227
    Erica227 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    From what I hear it's serious work but can be done. You have to rebuild the muscle completely. I have the same isisue by refuse to be told it can't be done. Lets prove em wrong ladies! Lol
  • Momcharisma88
    Momcharisma88 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    my insurance considers it cosmetic too. So if i wanted it done id have to pay for it outta pocket... and the price tag on that puppy... im a sahm and my hub is the only paycheck thats brought it... maybe when im 90 lol
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Have you heard of the Tulper technique?

http://www.fitpregnancy.com/fitness/postnatal_workout/40871562.html?page=2

Go here-it explains and you can click on the link-see these moves.
  • missyherrel
    missyherrel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the replies. Yeah, my c-section was a year ago and I continue to look like I am 5 months pregnant. I will look at the site but if you all have some success let me know! I agree with Erica, lets prove them wrong.