I can NOT stop eating poorly...

Options
I need some motivation guys! From start a few years ago, until now, I have lost about 60 lbs. I work out 4 or 5 times a week, and although I usually don't stray TOO too far from eating healthy, I just can NOT stick to my caloric limits each day. I know exactly what I need to do to lose this last 15 or so, but I just CANNOT stick to the plan.

What the heck is going on with me!?

Replies

• Becs25
    Becs25 Posts: 79
    Options
    Give yourself a break for a week of eating to just maintain and then try to get back into it.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your goal isn't too unrealistic? If you're down to the last 15 pounds, you might need to set MFP to .5 pounds loss per week so that it's more sustainable for you.

And depending how hard your workouts are, if they aren't that intense you can up them to give yourself more of a calorie cushion.
  • slb70
    slb70 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have days like that too and sometimes you just need to cut yourself a break. Don't beat yourself up, tomorrow is a new day. Beating yourself up over a bad day will do more harm than good! We ALL have those days. Keep trying, you can do it!!:smile:
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! Mind over matter, you can do anything you want! Seeing results helps keeps me going.

Give it 2 weeks and do really well and you will see a difference in how you feel and you will not crave the bad foods if you don't eat them.
  • MrGoodThings
    MrGoodThings Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    chera325,

Read this post on delicious SIDE SALADS ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/216405-share-your-favorite-fast-food-rest-side-salads ).

I can tell that you KNOW what u want - Great, 'cause it's all in the mind (the drive to stick with it and to think, "Sacrifice!").

I am currently losing about 2 to 3 pounds per week by:

1) Briskly walking no less than 3 MILES - EVERY DAY (That's approx 42 min) - Remember: Sacrifice!
    2) Eating ALWAYS LITTLE --BUT--ALWAYS HEALTHY + BALANCED - It's ALL about CALORIES!!!! Cut'em! - Remeber: Sacrifice!
    (By Sacrifice! I don't mean 'go hungry.' If you're hungry, get a bite! BUT just a bite...not three! It means Control. That's Sacrifice!)

THAT'S IT - No Pills, no Gym, no Team, no expenses! Just me and MY goal.

DAILY JOY! - Everyday I weigh myself (I got a doctor's 'scale for $20 at a garage sale) and I see the drop in weight.

It took my body and mind a bit of effort to start after the "bingy" winter season... but I am back on the road. If you have an Android smartphone, install the following FOUR FREE Phone Applications: CARDIO TRAINER (to tell you Miles walked and Calories burned), PANDORA (to enjoy your favorite music while you walk), MY FITNESS PAL (of course, to log ALL your meals on the go), and finally LIBRA WEIGHT MANAGEMENT (to log your weight daily and view it in a professional chart that tells you how much you REALLY weight, that is, your 10 day average. This LIBRA chart is everything to me.)

Commit your goals in prayer to the Lord and don't look back ever again! SAY NO! to the wrong food.... then, if you must, then ENJOY HALF A BITE.... but really enjoy it! And you'll see the results at the scale!

Don't you miss that? Stepping on the scale and seeing how you dropped a bit more?? Live for those daily victories!
    ...And go to Chick-fil-A.... will you? I tell you, that side salad with fat free honey mustard is amazing! Bye, chera325! :smile: