A NSV

Options
JoeyTajzai
JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
So my mom was started to eat some chinese food and she asked if I wanted any. I grabbed a plate and put some rice and beef and broccoli on the plate. I then proceeded to eat, eating two pieces of broccoli and a piece of beef. Then I just refocused my thoughts and said "NO!" I put the plate in the kitchen and walked away. I felt so strong after I did that and now I feel like I can reach my goal. I'm going to reach that goal and no one will stop me!

Replies

• aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    Wow, amazing job! A lot of people wouldn't have had the willpower to do that! I'm definitely proud of you. :D
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well done :smile: I wish I had your willpower yesterday :ohwell:
  • gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options
    Great!! Congratulations - great attitude!!
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    Just shows how far you've come in retraining your thoughts! What an empowering moment...I also believe you will achieve your goal!
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well done, that took some serious will power to do! It'll help you to reach your goal i'm sure.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Well done you!

what's an NSV though? I'm new to these boards.
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Non-Scale Victory.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Non-Scale Victory.

Great job! Out of curiousity, what kind of sauce was this dish in? The beef & brocolli should not be that bad for you in moderation. I understand and respect the fact that you walked away from it. I've been on my journey about 2 months now and I've steered clear of these temptation so far. I have thought about ordering a dish served at our local chinese restaurant that come with shrimp,water chestnuts,carrots,mushrooms,onions,zuccini,broccoli & bambo shoots. I was going to have the sauce on the side to lower the sodium intake. What do you think about that?
  • psmith64
    psmith64 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Impressive willpowere, especially when you had the food on the plate in front.

If we had all done that a few times more, we wouldn't be here !!!

With that attitude, and the help of this place which is great, you will get to your goal.

Regards

Paul
  • AmishHoss
    Options
    Thanks for friending me first and foremost. I was looking through some of the profiles and thought we might have some of the weight loss goals and could maybe help each other focus. Great Job on walking away from the food too, that is hard to do alot of the time and doing so proved that you CAN do it. Now I am off to take a few "before " pics... pass me the insta-bronze, the spray butter and a speedo. Ah yeah. lol.

-Christian
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I would have had no problem veto-ing it in the beginning, but once I started eating...it would be game over. Great will power!
  • jennys33
    jennys33 Posts: 16
    Options
    It's those little victories that define how we make it through! Keep going and be strong!!
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    Way to go Boy !!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!