A Work Out Plan

Options
Who has a workout plan they stick to? Or do you just play it by ear and see how you feel. I feel like I have really been slacking in the exercise area and I need to step it up. I am an all or nothing kind of person though, so I feel I need a strict schedule. I work over 50 hours a week so I am usually pretty tired! Do you all think the following sounds productive? What should I add? BTW: I don't love to work out!

Monday: 20 minutes of Wii Boxing and 20 minutes of Wii Tennis and Strength Training @ 5:30 A.M.
Tuesday: 30 minutes of Running/Walking intervals @ 6:00 A.M.
Wednesday: 40 minutes of moderate paced walking with puggle/husband @ 6:00 P.M.
Thursday: 30 minutes of Running/Walking Intervals and Strength Training@ 6:00 P.M.
Friday: 20 Minutes of Wii boxing and 20 minutes of Wii Tennis @ 7:00 P.M.
Saturday: 40 minutes of Zumba, 20 minutes of Strength Training and 30 minutes of Interval Run/Walk @ 2:00 P.M.
Sunday: 40 minutes of Zumba and 30 minute moderate paced walk with the puggle/husband @ 6:00 P.M

Is this enough intensity and time wise?

Replies

• Renonvme
    Renonvme Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Totally off topic....just wanted to say I'm a puggle owner, too!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I make a plan at the beginning of the week based on my expected schedule. This week looks like this:

M - Long run 7 mi
    T- Yoga and Bodyweight
    W- 800m Repeats (essentially an interval run)
    R- Pilates and Bodyweight
    F- Rest
    S- 4m at my race pace (race is 10 k or 6.2 m)
    Su- 2m tempo run and Bodyweight
  • MissNicholas
    Options
    Seems like a bit much, you may want to add a day of rest to prevent burnout...

One second thought, maybe not since some days are only 30 mins. Okay, sounds good to me
  • jwbwvf
    jwbwvf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For myself I am pretty boring and simple, lifting weights and running. But my wife enjoys Turbo Jam, and I have some friends and family that love p90x. I think those two give a pretty good variety when it comes to a workout.
  • jwbwvf
    jwbwvf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sorry completely misread your question. If it's something that you will stick to, and put a lot of effort into and enjoy, then I say it's good enough for now.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Looks good to me. You don't want to over do it to start with, or it will put you off forever. I do a lot of wii stuff and it has helped me a lot. And I have lost enough weight now to feel confident enough to 'go public' with my exercise (and I feel a lot fitter), so have just joined a Zumba class one night a week. Still got pleanty to lose though!! I also do zumba on the wii, along with cardio boxing. I also have k/bells (withdvd), and a yoga dvd. I like to mix and match depending on how I feel and depending on what aches from the day before :wink: I also have a Beagle that I walk.

I notice that you haven't scheduled a day off the exercise. I usually have 1 or 2 days a week off depending on how much I ache. I don't believe in any set rules, so it's up to you. But a lot of people advocate a day off for your muscles to recover. I know that after a day off, I feel better, fully charged and raring to go!

Good Luck, and most of all ENJOY !!!! :bigsmile: