Baby weight

Options
Hello all,

I am new here and trying to loose my baby weight. My daughter is now 5 months old and I have 10 pounds I need to loose before July, and a lot of toning up to do. I am breastfeeding so am not sure what is an appropriate diet for a breastfeeding mom that wont affect my milk supply. Any advise?

Thanks
Christina

Replies

• TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    When I was breastfeeding (we have 3 kids), I had read that it took about 500 calories a day, so I just added that as exercise (or you could just adjust your calorie goals) per day. This was when I was nursing about 4 or 5 times a day. I adjusted down as the kiddos nursed less.
    If you watch your hunger levels and weight loss over a few weeks, you might adjust this number.
    Hope this helps!
  • Laur1124
    Laur1124 Posts: 7
    Options
    Welcome! I am breastfeeding my five month old son as well, and a couple of mommy's on my friends list are too! When you put in your information and how much you want to lose a week, every day when you log your meals, log breastfeeding. Just type in breastfeeding in the food search. I chose the nighttime feedings one, which deducts 200 calories for the day, but most of my mom friends deduct 300-500 calories a day. I'm just afraid of adding 500 extra calories a day to my meal plan! But I really should start considering you burn that much a day producing milk. Good luck, if you need any help, we are all here for you!
  • mollie6986
    mollie6986 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Check out baby center.com they have TONS of information for breastfeeding moms and their diets! also fitness.com has a setion for breasfeeding moms and their diets!
  • nomoremuffintopness
    nomoremuffintopness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you are eating enough calories and not doing too much exercise. You can look up a lot online in this regards.

Congratulations on your bundle of joy. Mine is now 10 months and I still need to lose 7 pds... so you are doing great.