Carb Addict!!!

Options
I am seriously addicted to carbs and sweets! Have been doing good for cutting back on sweets, but my gosh what can I do about carbs??????

Replies

• leamgood
    leamgood Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Google Linda's Low Carb Recipes- I haven't really found any I DON'T like, they are all amazing and obviously low in carbs. I am on Atkins so I use it all the time.
  • tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    I don't know, but when you find out let me know. I am addicted to chocolate and was wondering how did you do it?
  • bINcontrolAC
    Options
    I'm okay on sweets but my carb addiction use to be beyond out of control. I have removed all of my high carb food from my pantry and replace them with whole wheat, whole grain, brown rice, and etc. that can substitute with my usual food. I ask initially not to serve the bread in a basket as soon as I sit down at a restaurant. As soon as I see it, oh boy, no one can stop me. Find low carb recipes online. Everything tasted sucks in the beginning but I am getting use to it pretty well. Some of them actually taste good to me now. All you've got to do is to train yourself. And if you must, cut down to a small portion. We can do this!
  • shimila1101
    shimila1101 Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm a carb addict too! How I love bread! I switched to whole wheat bread, pasta, brown rice. I still allow myself baked Lay's every couple days or I go nuts. I just startiing limiting the amount I eat and when I eat them. If I have a craving for them, I eat them but in moderaton. I still can't give up the pita bread at middle eastern restaurants so I allow myself some and savor it. It's a never ending struggle. It's just finding what works for you and will power!
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    My favorite foods are breads, pasta and potatoes..... I know how you feel. I'm not on a low carb, carb free "diet" or any diet at all, really. I just watch to make sure I stay within my MFP calories and under my sodium. As long as I can still eat carbs, I don't feel like I'm depriving myself. As far as sweets go, I usually make room for them too. And if that means I need to exercise to get the calories, if I want it bad enough, I'll do it. It's the "cakey" type pastries that I really miss, like doughnuts and whatnot, but after seeing how many calories are in one, I don't really want it anymore because I know how much work it'd take to burn it off. Instead I'll eat half (slowly.. lol), log it, and I'm satisfied.
  • mag4n
    mag4n Posts: 5
    Options
    My way of cutting out the chocolate is taking a little at a time. I have cut back to dark chocolate and I usually buy the dove dark chocolate or the 100 calorie hershey sticks, which are super yummy! They say once you cut back and go about 3 days without it your body doesn't crave it. Try and let me know how it works! Good luck!