Healthier Alfredo Sauce

Options
My husband and I really like shrimp alfredo. Actually I just like the sauce on the shrimp ( I can do without the noodles). Does anyone know the nutritional facts of just the sauce? Or has anyone come across a recipe to make a bit less calorie and carb alfredo sauce?

Replies

• motoxmom1
    motoxmom1 Posts: 85
    Options
    Try Ragu Light Parmesan Alfredo Sauce, tastes great with a fraction of the calories! 60 calories per 1/4c serving! I have not come across a recipe for a lighter Alfredo that has less calories or that tastes as good!
  • lissababe
    lissababe Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Dont know the exact calories but i tried this once and it was pretty good...

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup evaporated skimmed milk
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    1/8 ground white pepper (or black if you dont mine the black flecs in the sauce)
    21/2 cups skim milk ( i used 2% milk b/c thats what i drink but use what ever you have or like)
    1/2 cup kraft reduced fat (or non fat for less calories) grated parmesan

Directions:
    Combine the evaporated milk, cornstarch,and pepper in a small bowl and stir to mix well. set aside.

place the skim milk in a 2 quart pot over med. heat. cook and stir for about 5 min. or until milk starts to boil. stir the cornstarch mixture and then whisk in into the hot milk. Cook and stir for another minute or 2, or until it thickens a bit more then add parmesan.

enjoy!