Not expecting loss this week

Options
I have had a revelation. In the last three days I have not done well with getting my fruit and veggie servings in. I am bloated not a surprise since I am not exercising much this week and eating too many carbs. I need to plan my meals and grocery visits better.

I'm hoping for a loss but won't be surprised if I don't see one.

Replies

• lisapickering
    Options
    I agree - I don't do well if I don't plan for meals and grocery shopping!
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    I would not get discouraged but take this opportunity that you have thanks to your MFP journal/diary to figure out what you need to adjust to get this program to work for you. You mentioned in your other post that you always get to week three and then you start stressing about whether this new diet plan will work for you or if it will fail you as so many others have in the past.

I'm here as proof that it does indeed work but you have to own your own success. You don't have to do everything perfectly and you don't need to do the program like everyone else. But you do need to believe that you are worth the effort it is going to take to make living healthy a priority . Use the diary as a friend who can tell you, hey, you are eating more calories today than you should. Go for a walk/run/hike and earn those calories and you will be in good shape! Or, if you see that you are not eating enough and then binging later, your diary "friend" can help you see that too.

You statement "I am hoping for a weight loss but not expecting one" is very insightful and reminds me of myself. If I don't expect something good, I won't be disappointed and that is true. But I also don't get the incredible feeling of success and pride I have felt this past 4 months as I have made a commitment each week ABOVE EVERYTHING ELSE that my health and fitness is my number one priority and I am worth it.

You are worth it my friend!!
  • kuaaina
    kuaaina Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would not get discouraged but take this opportunity that you have thanks to your MFP journal/diary to figure out what you need to adjust to get this program to work for you. You mentioned in your other post that you always get to week three and then you start stressing about whether this new diet plan will work for you or if it will fail you as so many others have in the past.

I'm here as proof that it does indeed work but you have to own your own success. You don't have to do everything perfectly and you don't need to do the program like everyone else. But you do need to believe that you are worth the effort it is going to take to make living healthy a priority . Use the diary as a friend who can tell you, hey, you are eating more calories today than you should. Go for a walk/run/hike and earn those calories and you will be in good shape! Or, if you see that you are not eating enough and then binging later, your diary "friend" can help you see that too.

You statement "I am hoping for a weight loss but not expecting one" is very insightful and reminds me of myself. If I don't expect something good, I won't be disappointed and that is true. But I also don't get the incredible feeling of success and pride I have felt this past 4 months as I have made a commitment each week ABOVE EVERYTHING ELSE that my health and fitness is my number one priority and I am worth it.

You are worth it my friend!!

I am so very thankful for tracking. I have learned a lot from the last few days. I have to stick with this plan. I don't have a choice my husband and I both need to lose weight and this is helping me to keep track of my portions, what I eat, when I eat and make notes as to why I eat. My BIG problem lately is I'm just not that hungry. I am forcing myself to eat breakfast and lunch because I need to eat.

What is funny is what is an issue this week might be mute next week as there always seems to be challenges and victories when on this journey.