anyone have "that doesn't count" food?

Options
Hi All,

A bunch of ladies in my office started weight watchers recently and apparently on that you don't have to count fruits and vegetables. Do you count those in your daily calories?
Thanks!
Stephanie

Replies

• littlenoms
    Options
    I count everything I eat or drink.
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    If you are counting your calories, I think the only things that don't "count" are those that have no calories....
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    I agree, I think with calorie counting you need to count everything.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    agree!
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    I count them- they have calories.
    I'm pretty sure the plan they're doing is a little different than strictly calorie counting
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Then people on Weight Watchers eat a corn diet like livestock, I assure you, there are calories in fruits and vegetables! How do we think our corn-fed cows gain weight?

Some fruits and veggies are better than others, to be sure. It's best to count it all.

Sometimes I don't add my one carrot just because I know it was less than 20 calories and it's annoying to look up something that hardly counts, but other than that, it adds up if you're eating a lot.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I agree... if you're tracking calories here, EVERYTHING you put into your mouth COUNTS and should be logged. Otherwise, you're only going to sabotage yourself... there ARE calories in those things...
  • albragg
    albragg Posts: 55
    Options
    Yes, I do. Fruit has sugar, which count for carbs. As for vegetables, I count them too unless it's something like 3 slices of cucumber on a sandwich. Those calories are negligible.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Yes I do because they do contain calories and sugars. Some veggies have carbs too!
  • obifatkanobi
    Options
    I didn't use to count anything, and that's what got me here to begin with. However, if I wanted to sell a means of losing weight, I would definitely tell you not to count everything, so that sooner or later, you would be back, buying more of my weight loss product...
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan and if I didn't count my fruits and veggies I'd hardly be counting anything at all! Of COURSE they count! Anything with any nutritional value counts!
  • burtchma
    burtchma Posts: 4
    Options
    I count everything I eat.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I think its not counted in weight watchers and slimming world, so you fill up more on fruit and veg, so you are fuller and have less tendency to eat less of other things.

However it works the other way, they eat alot of fruit and veg cause its 'free' then eat other types of food to make up their points/syns.
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    The only things I don't count are spices ie: garlic powder, cinnamon, pepper (anything with salt I do count though) you probably burn the # of calories in those things just by looking them up.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I dont count breath mints or chewing gum but anything over 20 calories adds up if you keep eating it.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    If I have a salad, I'll log the avocado, the dressing, the ingredients which add substantial calories. But the lettuce and the green onions I don't log, because they are so minimal and that's not how I'm going to regain weight, overeating lettuce! LOL
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers' most recent plan doesn't count fruits and vegetables as points because it doesn't count calories and carbs. I believe it counts protein, fiber, and fat. Maybe some other things, too. It's a completely different system.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Yes I do because they do contain calories and sugars. Some veggies have carbs too!

All veggies have carbs............

I don't count calories..................but if I did, I wouldn't count the lemon I put in my water or tea.
  • marthamcel
    Options
    If you are going by weight watchers do what they say...If not count everything...