Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack - participants needed!

Options
So my DVD finally came and I am looking for some supportive friends to embark on the six week challenge with me...?

Whilst I am not looking to get a proper six pack I would like to tone my tummy a bit more as although it's flat when I stand up....when I sit down I have AT LEAST four rolls I would like to get rid of!

So I am planning on tackling Jillian 4 times per week (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday) and was hoping for some support on here and then maybe we can post our results on a Monday?

Who is in???

Edit - p.s I should also add I am totally SCARED as my core strength is not great...

Replies

• coultesr
    coultesr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the 6 weeks 6 pack. I am halfway through week 2. My mid section is probably the worst part on me... but I have started noticing some differences after week 1... I try and do the DVD 5 times a week (off Tues and Sat). This DVD is good, and it will make you sweat.
  • Chrissle
    Chrissle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When do we start? :happy:
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna do a practice run tonight to make sure I have all the equipment I need then shall we start tomorrow?
  • Chrissle
    Options
    Sounds good! Let me know if we need anything extra!
  • curleesam
    Options
    Ok I've just done my practice run...

If u wear glasses and own contact lenses as well, definitely make sure u gave your contacts in as I was sweating so much my glasses kept slipping off my nose! Lol

I'd recommend wearing trainers as I did it barefoot and found I couldn't grip my feet on the ground properly during the side planks.

She also uses a 3lb weight to make it a bit tougher. I don't own weights so I filled a 1.5l bottle with Water and used that. As the weeks go on I'm gonna try and incorporate my ankle and wrist weights.

All in all it was a good 35minute workout and I definitely felt the burn!

Looking forward to doing it properly tomorrow!
  • karenpinkchick
    Options
    OK I'm in :) DVD arrived today. Need to stick to it as I'm a size 10/12 after losing weight but I'm on holiday in 5 weeks and there's no way I can wear a bikini! Just finished long heavy 13hr shift at work and got the same tomorrow but I'm gonna start tonight... Good luck :)
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I just found this video in the free on demand section of my Uverse! I'll try it today =)
  • curleesam
    Options
    Holiday is a good goal to work towards. I have my cousins wedding on June 7th and I'm wearing a skin tight dress. I tried it on today and it fits well but my tummy looks awful when I sit down in it.

Don't forget to take a "before" tummy pic so u can compare the difference at the end!
  • karenpinkchick
    Options
    Yep took photos, felt silly tho! I found it more fun than 30 day shred, need to stick to it! Did body pump and abs Monday and was aching so hopefully I'll be ok after this...
  • Chrissle
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I can't wait!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    When you order the actually video, is there a first one that u do, then "graduate" to the next level video? I'm asking cause my on demand only has the 1st one, and I'm wondering if I'm supposed to do the same one for 6 weeks?
  • curleesam
    Options
    No the video has two parts; a level one you do for three weeks then a level two u do for three weeks as well
  • curleesam
    Options
    FEEL THE BURN GIRLS!

How are we getting on with Jillian? I think it is getting easier. I am using a 1.5l bottle of water as a weight. I am hoping to incorporate ankle weights by the end of next week to keep the heart rate going up and make sure I don't get complacent.

I am struggling with the side plank kicks still. I can now do a side plank hold for about 10 secs but cant do the kick thing that she does with it.

Weigh in day tomorrow so fingers crossed its made a difference as only made it to gym 3 times this week and replaced it with Jillia instead!