Waves from the UK

Options
Hello and good evening!

I'm from the land that has 56 words for rain. I hold a gold medal in competitive queuing and get actively involved in a wide range of social affairs in the approved British manner by reading the newspaper and making a slight tutting noise at the truly outrageous things.

I've never eaten a McDonalds but I *have* met Colin Firth once. Ok, not met exactly. Saw. Ok, not saw really...more followed. Ok, not really followed, that was simply a bad choice of words on the Restraining Order. Ok, I've never actually seen Colin Firth but I *could* have done.

So I'm a bit fat - rather like one of those Japanese watermelons they grow in a square case, only my case was beachball shaped and I'm not watermelon. Or Japanese.

I've been described at various times as 'eccentric', 'amusing' and 'you there, are you going to pay for that?'

And that's me! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    welcome, this is a great site, lots of support and plenty of fun too, enjoy
  • mrswood99
    mrswood99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Love the intro...! hey you, 'waves' from here in Wales.
    Good luck the weight loss.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hello from one Brit to another and welcome.

Ok gonna wave from London
  • Isolt
    Isolt Posts: 70
    Options
    Thank you Jilly!

You're in my favourite part of the world - I've spent way, waaaaayyy too much of my time in the pubs of Falmouth. Just to admire the architecture and soak up Cornish culture you understand....

I'm soft Southern jessie too I'm afraid to say - born a Devonshire lass so I have cream teas in my blood :wink:
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Liked your intro! Hi from London! :laugh:
  • lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    ***waves from yorkshire***
  • Isolt
    Isolt Posts: 70
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome gals!

Wooohoo - nearly enough Brit gals for a cheerleader squad! Bagsie left back pompom waver. I'd suggest we take up a 4, 4, 2 formation and drive them forward along the wing with our bats.

Did I mention that I have a deep, almost encyclopedic knowledge of sport?
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome gals!

Wooohoo - nearly enough Brit gals for a cheerleader squad! Bagsie left back pompom waver. I'd suggest we take up a 4, 4, 2 formation and drive them forward along the wing with our bats.

Did I mention that I have a deep, almost encyclopedic knowledge of sport?

hmmm i'm sure it should be 5,3,2 better to be defensive.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    ***waves from yorkshire***

x2