Hi everyone :) A little about me

Options
I came across MFP while looking for a wat to eat healthier. I am very excited to start my journey to being the young woman I should be. Unfortunatly I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year and a half ago. This has been VERY devastating to me and sometimes I find myself being depressed about it, more so with the issues it has with infertility because I plan on trying to start a family with my boyfriend of three years within the next 3/4 years. So anyone who has PCOS or is in anyway familiar please feel free to add me because I could really use some support from women going through what I am. Anyways, I have joined a gym & I am trying very hard to stay eating healthy & hopefully lose 50 lbs or
more. I know it's possible & your success stories inspire me & give me hope!
Best of luck to all of you xoxox

Replies

• vyctoria1120
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I just joined and I'm enjoying it. Stay strong and keep being positive :happy:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck. You can definitely do this.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    there isn't any need to get yourself upset about it. I had PCOS as well, but every time I would lose weight, I had no problem getting pregnant. thank goodness my tubes are tied or else I'd be pregnant again now that I have lost weight again. You basically need to stick with a diabetic-type diet, eating small meals often, say every 3 hours. You are prone to diabetes as well with the diagnosis of PCOS so you may as well kick it now.