CHOCOLATE SPREAD ATTACK

Options
I dont know what came over me today. I walked straight in from work and went straight to the cutlery drawer grabbed a spoon headed for the cupboard and scooped out 2 spoonsfuls of chocolate spread and shoved it straight into my gob x What!!!!! What was that all about????? xxx I was in like an auto pilot mode x so ashamed I had to confess xxx

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    get rid of it--throw it away so it never happens again---no one in the house needs chocolate spread, do they? Good luck.
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Do you feel better now that you confessed? I sure would, holding yourself accountable is a great thing to do. I'm inspired to do the same thing when I get more in depth with my journey!
  • peacelovelauren8101
    Options
    Don't worry it happens to the best of us... this probably happened because you are too strict with your diet. You need to let yourself indulge in moderation every once in a while so you don't feel the need to "binge" eat. Eventually, if you eat the indulgance in moderation you can slowly start to ween off of it, leading to a happier and healthier you! The best of luck!
  • ari_27
    ari_27 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    All it means is your body's craving a little chocolate..this is coming from the biggest chocoholic alive! haha..just next time PLAN on eating chocolate instead of mindlessly going for it. This way not only will you not over-splurge, but you will enjoy it more than just mindlessly eating 2 spoonfuls.
    What I would do is maybe 1-2 days a week allow yourself to have a spoonful of chocolate spread (Nutella anyone!?) but really savor it, enjoy the taste of it and you will see that you can be satisfied after this. I also like to incorporate chocolate in some healthy snacks (Cocoa roast almonds=delish) and dark chocolate chips in my popcorn...heaven
  • Doberwomann
    Options
    yes i know i should chuck it x im learning everyday my dreadful mistakes xxx
  • tappytaptap
    Options
    it happens sometimes, just exercise a little extra and don't let it happen again tomorrow! ^_^
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't let nutella into my apartment because I would do the same thing! :P This one time won't wreck you though, just make sure it doesn't become a habit. yikes!
  • Doberwomann
    Options
    The weird thing is i never really touch the stuff usually x I just buy it for my son who has it now and again x Its so sweet and sickly I really dont know what on earth I was doing x desperation I guess xxx
  • cindysharp1
    Options
    I just have to respond. I to have been having a chocolate craving. I was in the grocery store after working out last night and just had to get a chocolate bar!! I know I gave into temptation but I ended up with the special dark chocolate it had the least calories and I only ate half!! To my surprise that was satisfing!!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Don't worry it happens to the best of us... this probably happened because you are too strict with your diet. You need to let yourself indulge in moderation every once in a while so you don't feel the need to "binge" eat. Eventually, if you eat the indulgance in moderation you can slowly start to ween off of it, leading to a happier and healthier you! The best of luck!

I disagree----the longer you go without, the less you are going to crave. I have not had chocolate in 7 months and I truly could care less about it. Gone forever!
  • Doberwomann
    Options
    Yep confessing helps because Im not the worlds greatest dieter and its nice to get support and help of people when I do these scary things x
  • krise31
    krise31 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I dont mean to laugh but I thought that was hilarious lol Are you talking about that gross bs nutella? If so seriously trash it its the worst food product ever because it only makes you feel more hungry. Next time shove a spoonful of P.B in your mouth if that ever happens again lol
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    The last time I ate Nutella, I ate the entire jar in 2 days. Sad, but true. I jokingly told my dad if he stopped drinking alcohol I would pay him $200, he took me seriously and has not had a drop in 6 months. I did not discuss this with my husband, so I asked my dad if I didn't eat chocolate for a year, if he would give me my money back. It is a deal. It has been since Dec. 9, I have tasted it on accident, like when my son gave me the cherry from his Sunday and there was chocolate syrup on it. It tasted like dirt and I spit it out. I have felt so much better, although I have to say my mouth waters when I give my daughter an M & M for going on the potty while she is potty training. But it has made losing weight easier because I just don't eat it. I may go beyond the year, we will see. Good luck!!!
  • Doberwomann
    Options
    I dont mean to laugh but I thought that was hilarious lol Are you talking about that gross bs nutella? If so seriously trash it its the worst food product ever because it only makes you feel more hungry. Next time shove a spoonful of P.B in your mouth if that ever happens again lol

Its ok to laugh x im laughing at myself hehehe x it doesnt do to take yourself too seriously xxx and no it wasnt even nutella it was a cheap jar from the Iceland store x yuk x lol x
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    I love chocolate, and that's why I usually have 85% dark chocolate in the refrigerator. I know that I can have a square everyday since I work out pretty hard; however, in the end I forget to eat it, since oatmeal+fiber one original+almond milk+cinnamon+flaxseed meal breakfast come first, and by the time I've finished the banana and the whole thing, I'm way too full to eat the chocolate...
  • stargzrlily
    stargzrlily Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yes at one point I could eat Nutella straight from the jar!
    I've posted this before but I suggest getting a bag of dark choc chips. One of these last me two months because I only use a tiny bit at a time. I use them about twice a week.I don't find myself mindless scarfing them down straight from the bag. I put them away in the cabinet and only take out a tbsp when i need it. Freeze half of banana.When the choc craving hits you. Nuke that tbsp of choc and feel free to add a dab of peanut butter in a bowl till melted. Drizzle the mixture over the banana.
    It's good with strawberries too.
    Or you can take a few choc chips and toss them with a handful of Kashi Go Lean Crunch.
    I LOVE sweets but I since I'm eating better and making sure I have enough protein everyday, I have way less of a sweet tooth
    Oh and the Skinny Cow chocolate brownie mini icecream cups are amazing!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Speaking of nutella... There's this girl in my physics class (yes, I'm 16), and she literally carries a big jar of nutella and a spoon in her purse... AND EATS SPOONFULS OF IT DURING CLASS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. :sick: I'd bet she's not even a 100 pounds wet either.
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    hahahahahahaha! I'd love to see someone eat Nutella right in class :-D

But I agree with everyone here. Nutella has A LOT of calories. It is so good, but it is HORRIBLE for you! I have a tendency to eat it by the spoonful too, so I decided that I will no longer have it in my house. It has worked really well...I'm down 3 lbs. this week and NO NUTELLA is the only change I have made.
  • krise31
    krise31 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    haha funny story a friend of mine and I were talking about rice krispy treats last year and i was like oh i like them with peanut butter in the mix. He goes have you tried it with nutella? I was like uhhhhhh what really? So being fat I made a pan with the nutella and it was soooo gross hahahaha