How do I not exceed the amount of fat I can have in a day?

Options
This is my first day on a diet and I am already 13 over my fat limit! :( How does everyone stay under and still feel full/satisfied? Any advice will help, thanks everyone!

Replies

• crazymama2two
    Options
    open your diary so we can see what you ate and offer alternatives .. if you want that is.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Being able to see your diary would help me to show you, but feel free to look at my diary. I rely on clean eating with lots of fresh fruits/veggies and protein to fill me up. By removing some of the fat from your diary, you'll actually get to eat more food (fat per gram has more calories than protein or carbs do).....I haven't been hungry in about 8 months....not starving like wow, if I don't eat, I'll take someone's head off.....

LOL - I just went back and looked at my diary for the last 2 weeks. I had removed it from my diary because I was constantly under. Look what happens. Apparently I've been over most of the time........LOL
  • boldimp
    boldimp Posts: 17
    Options
    Fruits & vegetables are great fillers. Skim milk, reduced fat cheese (the fat free is gross), go easy on oils, etc. If I have a high fat breakfast I make sure to have a low fat dinner. The longer you do it the easier it gets.
  • vjh431
    vjh431 Posts: 38
    Options
    A nice trick is if you eat foods high in fat you need not take them out of the equation. Just keep your carbohydrate intake low by cutting out soft drinks, bread, grains, and cereal and that will balance things out.
  • ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    It might help to log your food in the morning before you even eat it...this way having a plan set you can see what you need to alter. Hope this helps ya, it does me.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I have found, and I know that this isn't always the case, that I don't worry about fat content. I more focus on whole foods, rather than fat free, sugar free, low sodium, etc. Some days my fats are high, like today, and some days it is very low. Now that isn't to say that there aren't cookies and icecream in my diary, especially today..but I feel fuller longer if I focus on eating a diet of whole foods versus processed, so that is what I worry more about.
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    I try to log in all my main 3 meals into my log before hand. Then I know what I can work with and what to move where. I also purchase everything I can in a lower fat option. Every gram adds up and before you know it, you are able to have a bit more food but stay under your fat goals. unless of course it's some ridiculously low number!
  • catmandoodle
    Options
    Wow. lots of great advice here. I can't add anything to it.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    A nice trick is if you eat foods high in fat you need not take them out of the equation. Just keep your carbohydrate intake low by cutting out soft drinks, bread, grains, and cereal and that will balance things out.

I have actually taken this approach many days & it's been working for me! My situation involves living in a home with 3 other people--& we all have to eat the same thing (& I can't afford to purchase my own set of groceries). I hardly ever go over my calories, but I go over my fat about 50% of the week (about 10g). I keep my carbs low, & I've lost about 8 pounds so far through this method. It helps when it's hard to keep from going over!