Rewards

Options
In 44 pounds I will officially be in onederland! That will be 118 pounds lost total, and because it has NOT been easy I am thinking that deserves a reward. I am stumped though, I am thinking annual passes to a theme park since I will actually be able to enjoy the rides with my husband. But I want to know what would you do?

Replies

• dusktea
    dusktea Posts: 5
    Options
    i think my reward to myself would be some nice new clothes. simple, i know, but i can't really think of anything else i'd probably do - perhaps i'd splurge and buy a really expensive dress or something :3
    thats a good reward you chose though - sounds fun and i hope you get there!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    my under 200 reward is a visit to six flags cuz i'll be able to fit in the seats lol :) i'm so excited!! 44 more pounds to go for me as well!!
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I think I'm making my new onederland goal some new shoes. :P Since those will likely fit even when I lose more weight. :)
  • Mswalker81
    Mswalker81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I <3 Shoes!! The always fit even on "bloated" days... Or I treat myself to a pedicure once a month if I have met my goals for the month. All that work at the gym and my toes deserve/need some royal treatment :)
  • SusieB01
    SusieB01 Posts: 89
    Options
    I would consider going someplace I've always wanted to go--such as San Francisco. And, of course, I'd have an all new wardrobe. Most of the clothes will be purchased at one of the local consignment shops or they'd cost so much I wouldn't have enough money left to go on the trip. SF is well known for having great restaurants, so I'd make sure I have MFP along--and then I'd allow myself to eat some of the good food, but already have a 'calorie' amount in mind I couldn't go over. And, of course, one of the things I'd do is shop for more clothes.

One thing that I've been thinking of is rewarding myself along the way as I lose. I could put some money in a special account for each pound lost and then do something special with it. But, I'm at a loss when it comes to what to do for the 'temporary' reward.
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I <3 Shoes!! The always fit even on "bloated" days... Or I treat myself to a pedicure once a month if I have met my goals for the month. All that work at the gym and my toes deserve/need some royal treatment :)

Oh oh! I love this idea! Pedicures all the way!
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hot air balloon ride! Do you know it's more expensive for people over 240lbs? (ask me how I know...)
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    In 44 pounds I will officially be in onederland! That will be 118 pounds lost total, and because it has NOT been easy I am thinking that deserves a reward. I am stumped though, I am thinking annual passes to a theme park since I will actually be able to enjoy the rides with my husband. But I want to know what would you do?
    For every mini goal I set, I have a reward. My next goal is 100 lost, my hubs and I are going away alone, getting dressed up to the max and going out. Spending the night in a hotel. Cannot wait!
  • lifeaccordingtolily
    Options
    I love all your ideas! I love clothes and shoes and have begged everyone around me to nominate me for what not to wear when i finally get down to my goal weight! I am definitely a fan of my local goodwill at the moment, i give them clothes then i buy more it's a vicious cycle. lol! my husband thinks I am funny because when I get to the pot of gold and the end of this, I am getting a tattoo down my side and onto my hip, because who would wanna mess that up by gaining weight? I am not going back!
  • care28
    care28 Posts: 28
    Options
    I love the hot air balloon ride!

And I love love love the annual pass idea. Everytime you go you can be excited about reaching your goal all over again!

I have 5 lb rewards all along :). 20 lb marks are bigger prizes! Reaching my final goal will be a trip to South Africa...although the destination might change between now and then. I tend to change my mind a lot ::Shrug::
  • Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    Options
    For getting under 200 lbs, my reward is my first tattoo on my wrist. For hitting my goal of 125, I'll be getting a side tattoo.
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    Hot air balloon ride! Do you know it's more expensive for people over 240lbs? (ask me how I know...)

I wanna know how you know :happy:
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    onederland is such a cute term for it! you definitely deserve a reward. no ideas for you though, just wanted to say congratulations!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Ive been thinking about a big reward too. The theme park is a great idea!!
    For me, Im toying with the idea of having some hot pinup pics done. Ive always wanted to do it but didnt want to do it heavy.
  • lifeaccordingtolily
    Options
    onederland is such a cute term for it! you definitely deserve a reward. no ideas for you though, just wanted to say congratulations!

Thank You! Can't claim the term though! My brother said it to me one day and it stuck! lol...... of course he also tells me "Pain is just weakness leaving the body! Suck it up!"
  • lifeaccordingtolily
    Options

I wanna know how you know :happy:

Me too! Me too!
  • Mightytaco84
    Mightytaco84 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great health is my ultimate reward. I've dropped from a size 34 to a size 30, so now I have no summer clothes. I'm hitting up Buckle this weekend.
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My half way point will be new work out clothes
    when i reach my goal I'll be getting two new tattoos!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!