Dinner Dilemma! Which is better?

Options
I'm making tacos for dinner tonight. I'm really loving the spicy black bean veggie burgers. Should I put them in my tacos instead of the ground beef I'm cooking for my man? Should I eat it on a big whole wheat tortilla instead of a couple crunchy taco shells?I kinda want some crunch and normally I've been eating only whole grains. I have a bit of calories left for the day. What do you guys think?Thanks!

Replies

• cris12
    cris12 Posts: 90
    Options
    Depends on your calorie allowance and appetite! :smile: I love some crunch in my food, I'd actually love to have the whole wheat tortilla and crumble up a bit of the taco and sprinkle it inside.
  • Jenn1254
    Jenn1254 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'd say if you really like the veggie burgers and they sound better to you than the hamburger meat, use them! If you're afraid to eat the crunchy taco shells, use the tortilla and put some broken tortilla chips in it for some crunch.
  • Beachbean77
    Beachbean77 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i would crunch up the shells and turn them into the base of a black bean burger salad!!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I like the crunchiness too. I simply take corn tortilas and put them on a wire rack over my burner. Gas burner of course won't work but an electrical burner works great. Heat the tortila until crunchy. Gas stove? simply take a skillet spray and heat the corn tortila until crunchy. Just don't fry your corn tortila. Veggie burger would be fantastic in a taco!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I would much rather use my calories wisely and go for the healthy option--which ever has less carbs and less added ingredients. I eat my tacos as a taco salad--no crunch, no tortilla, just all on top of a bed of lettuce---love, love this and now the whole family eats it this way.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    i would crunch up the shells and turn them into the base of a black bean burger salad!!

Great minds think alike! Add some chopped up lettuce, tomato, cucumber, avocado and instead of dressing just use salsa....that's what I do. Yum Yum!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Put it in your recipes both ways and see which works better for you.
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    If you really crave the crunchy tacos have a bit, break them on top of your veggie burger or something like that. If you don't and then you see your man enjoyinging his, you won't enjoy your meal, and after all, you work out for a reason as well...

To indulge in little things from time to time is not bad; you lead a healthy life for yourself, and it's normal to acknowledge that you are craving not the healthiest food there, but at the same time, you don't have to punish yourself.
    some crunchy taco shell bits won't do much harm. ^_^ as long as you don't eat the whole box, and do it everyday!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

Great minds think alike! Add some chopped up lettuce, tomato, cucumber, avocado and instead of dressing just use salsa....that's what I do. Yum Yum!
    Last time I had taco's this is what I did too.
    Crunch them up, and I had a taco salad, lettuce, tomato, salsa, cheese.