anyone bought a HRM from Walmart?

Options
Hello my fellow fitness pals......
Has anyone of you bought a HRM from Walmart?
If so, do you like it and what kind is it?

The reason I am asking is because I woud like to buy a HRM but
I can't really spend out a ton of money on one.
I would like to have one thats pretty accurate and that would keep
up with the calories I burn during my workouts at the gym and at home.

Any suggestion would be appreciated! :smile:

Replies

• hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Others here have, but my Walmart didn't have them, so I am going to go and look at Best Buy!:bigsmile:
  • MandeeSue
    MandeeSue Posts: 153
    Options
    Bumping cause I would love to know too...Hope we can find out :)
  • scaryfairy81
    Options
    I got the $27 one from Walmart, had it for a few days, used it once, and took it back. It was very inaccurate, after 35 minutes on an elliptical with a 6 resistance, it said I burned 60 calories. I showed it to a trainer and she laughed and said take it back. Next time I will spring for a Polar I think.
  • stitcherbeth
    Options
    I bought the 7 function wristwatch one I can't remember how much it cost. I love it once I got it programed and used to it. That took a day or two. The only drawback is that I like try to check my pulse about every minute or so to keep an accurate count. But it works great. I like it better than the 12 function one which is also more expensive. The 12 function one didn't seem to want to catch my heartbeat. I returned it. I am quite happy with the one I have.
  • momofcami
    momofcami Posts: 45
    Options
    I bought one at Walmart (Canada). Spent $59 + tax but returned it when I saw that TJ Maxx (Winners in Canada) had similar item for $39.

Be careful at Walmart - not everything is a great bargain.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't recommend it. I bought a Sportline that worked for awhile then the calories burned function went haywire. Thought it was a fluke so I got a second one. Did the same thing. Finally got a Polar. Lesson learned.
  • sabbie516
    sabbie516 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bought a calorie watch on EBAY for 6 bucks. (Hong Kong)
    so far it works. I did Turbo Fire on Monday and it said I burned 610!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I have the Sportline from Wal-mart, but I can't wait to upgrade. It has has a few off days.
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Proform Ultimate HRM from Walmart for 47.77 and I love it.
  • edburg
    edburg Posts: 22
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend it. I bought a sportsline for $55+ and hated it. I initially purchased that 'cause I didn't want to spend a whole lot but in the end I ended up spending more because I had to get a new one. I got the polar ft4 and I love it:love:. It was about $90+ I think it's totally worth it.
  • Swilson87
    Swilson87 Posts: 139
    Options
    I can't say I recommend it. I have a Polar FT4, and it is wonderful. Any HR monitor you buy should come with a chest strap. Look online, and google whatever HR Monitor you're looking for and read some reviews.
  • shug458
    shug458 Posts: 99
    Options
    my husband bought my one at CVS the watch and as excited as I was about it - it's awful - i'm doing the 30 day shred and it tells me I only burn 33 calories - ummmm i think NOT but we also don't have a lot of money to spend so Im dealing!