calories burned too high???

Options
How acurate do you think the calories burned on here are?? They seem so high to me... But im no expert :) Any one else feel this way or am I just crazy?

Replies

• thisbitch
    thisbitch Posts: 26
    Options
    When the machine I'm on tells me how much I'm burning based on my weight it's always way lower than what mfp tells me. I'm not sure if it's the machine, mfp, or a little of both.
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    They seem high to me too, and I don't have the money for a heart rate monitor. Since I assume they are high, and I want to create a greater deficite anyway, I just make sure I don't eat much of those calories back...
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    sometimes they r double for me, i go by a pedometer which i think is more likely and normally about half under mfp:smile:
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Ya I compared my hrm to what is says on here and it was way off... just sayin.
  • Shebug1
    Shebug1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    And my eliptical machine at the Y and MFP are spot on in the amount of calories calories burned. I do plug in my time/age/weight into the trainer as well. I do walk outside too with a pedometer and check those numbers against a walking distance website. They are usually in the ballpark, 20 or so calories in difference. I normally record the lower of the 2 calories.
  • Steph70508
    Steph70508 Posts: 110
    Options
    Before I got my heart rate monitor, I would put my weight as 10-15lbs less than what I actually weigh on the cardio machine. That way I could play it safe with my calories :)
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    HRM was pretty close to the MFP report. But.......... that is why I don't eat all of my calories back. I figure that if I am not weighing and measuring food and the calories burned could be high then I might have a 200-300 calorie difference. So I just reserve those and don't eat them back. Just to be safe!