saying hi!

bonjour24
bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
hi everyone. my name is Joni, i'm 32 (eek, no idea how that happened), and i live in auckland, new zealand.

i've ALWAYS been the chubby one, and i'm fine with that. but i had my most recent baby 5 months ago (i've got 3 all up, aged 5 months, 2 1/2 and 4 1/2), and a thought struck me- i want to be around to see my grandkids. and at 5'2" and 100kg (220lbs) the odds aren't that flash.

i've been on diets before, and never lost a thing- infact i've tended to gain weight. but this time things are different for me. i've decided that my focus is to increase my fitness, not to lose weight. if i do drop a dress size it's a bonus, but that's not my driving force.

so, i've already started doing the C25K. i can now jog for 12 minutes without stopping! big woop you might think, but i started going from lamp post to lamp post and had to build up to the 60 second run you need to do at the start of the programme! so i'm really pleased with that. i haven't lost much weight, but that's ok.

so, i have several goals. the first is that i'm doing a mini duathlon this sunday (3.5k run, 10k bike and 1.5 run), then i've entered a few other running events. the pinnacle of this is that i'm going to run the auckland half marathon in october! i'm really excited about it.

and funnily enough i haven't lost any motivation yet.

anyway, that's my story. i hope to meet you all and get some good inspiration.

joni

Replies

• sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    welcme! feel free to add me! You will love it here!
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Awesome Story! And Kudos to you for keeping up the motivation! if you need a friend or some support feel free to write me and/or add me as a friend
  • hi and welcome!!!!
    I cant jog for more than 4mins, so you're doing better than me!!!
  • Jsuttles
    Jsuttles Posts: 2
    I can relate to your situation! I am also 32 and about 200lbs:( I have two young kids and stay home with them and am around food all day (making them meals, snacks, planning out meals for tomorrow, my own nibbling and picking on what they are eating-ahhh!).
    I have also tried diets, more exercising without much sucsses. Granted i don't stick with it long enough to make it work...hoping this site will help.
    Please feel free to add me as a friend/weight loss buddy:)
  • vmdwyer
    vmdwyer Posts: 1
    Hi, my name is Victoria. I have two children ages 3 and 19 months, and gained 20 lbs with each pregnancy, and I wasn't thin to begin with. Now I want to loose the weight so I have enough energy to keep up with them. I joined 5 days ago, messed up big yesterday, but am feeling good that I have already lost 2 lbs, but I have a long way to go.
This discussion has been closed.