My amazingly wonderful FOOD SCALE!! :) Go buy one!

Options
ShelbyLB
ShelbyLB Posts: 431
Hello everyone, I hope your Wednesday is going great!! :)

So, a few months ago, I went ahead and purchased a digital FOOD SCALE....it was around $15 or $20 at WalMart I believe...and honestly it was one of the BEST things i've purchased along this weight loss journey.. (ok, that, and my amazing running shoes..) :)

Instead of thinking "Should I pack the spinach into the measuring cup, should I fluff it up, blah blah blah"...its SO nice to be able to think, Ok, i'll measure out my 3 oz serving, and TA-DAH, I have my 20 calories worth of spinach! :)

Its also SUPER helpful with measuring pasta, fruits, and meats!!!

Also, with it being digital, its nice to be able to put a bowl, dish, whatever on the scale, reset it to ZERO, and then weigh just your food!! :)

Ok, ok, i'll stop raving about it...but seriously, if you're on the fence about spending money on a food scale...JUST GO OUT AND BUY ONE....you wont regret it! :)

Have a great rest of your Wednesday people!!!
Toodles!

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I have really been thinking about this the last couple of days. I guess I should go for it! Thanks for posting!
  • itsgracia
    itsgracia Posts: 35
    Options
    That's a great tool. I will have to check that out next time I'm at Walmart. Thanks for the tip!
  • mommy2josh
    Options
    I agree 100%, i don't know what i would do without mine now!! :)
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend bought one and we absolutely love it too!!!! I dont know how anyone measures anything without it!!! Glad you made this suggestion so people will go get them, its truly a lifesaver!!!
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I agree, food scales are the bomb. I don't know what I did before I had mine, I weigh everything now!
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I agree it opens your eyes to the difference in ounces and grams......Great investment
  • alygoo615
    alygoo615 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    YES! I can't say enough good things about my digital food scale! I rarely use mesauring cups/spoons anymore. So much less of a burden and nothing to clean! If you are on the fence about shelling out the extra for a digital food scale- DO IT! I couldn't survive without the "zero out" function. Here is a perfect example of why it's so easy.... I wanted nachos the other week...

I put a plate on the scale and zero'd it out. I added my Trader Joes Flax chips (so good) and then zero'd out. Added my 28 grams of ff cheddar cheese- zero'd. Added a serving of fresh salsa, zero'd- then repeated with my ff sour cream. If I would have done that without a food scale I would have had to count out the chips, then end up having to wash 3 different measuring spoons and probably would have used more than a serving anyway.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I just bought at digital food scale at Walmart today for $19.97. Can't wait to use it tonight. I made carnitas and I don't want to go overboard with it.
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about buying one for a while now! Thanks for posting this.
  • emmigirl429
    emmigirl429 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    omg! I ordered a digital one from ebay for about $6 and got it this week and I love it! I weigh everything now and the concept of portion control has taken over my life. I can't believe how much I used to eat as a serving!
  • stark23x
    stark23x Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I wholeheartedly agree. The number one thing that has helped me on this journey is my digital food scale. I have this one: http://www.amazon.com/1130800-Grips-Scale-Pull-Out-Display/dp/B000WJMTNA - a bit more expensive, but I broke 2 of the cheap ones at $20 each, so the third time I thought "Let me just spring for a good one."

Love this thing. I use it for everything. 10-15 times a day. Get one!
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I hope your Wednesday is going great!! :)

So, a few months ago, I went ahead and purchased a digital FOOD SCALE....it was around $15 or $20 at WalMart I believe...and honestly it was one of the BEST things i've purchased along this weight loss journey.. (ok, that, and my amazing running shoes..) :)

Instead of thinking "Should I pack the spinach into the measuring cup, should I fluff it up, blah blah blah"...its SO nice to be able to think, Ok, i'll measure out my 3 oz serving, and TA-DAH, I have my 20 calories worth of spinach! :)

Its also SUPER helpful with measuring pasta, fruits, and meats!!!

Also, with it being digital, its nice to be able to put a bowl, dish, whatever on the scale, reset it to ZERO, and then weigh just your food!! :)

Ok, ok, i'll stop raving about it...but seriously, if you're on the fence about spending money on a food scale...JUST GO OUT AND BUY ONE....you wont regret it! :)

Have a great rest of your Wednesday people!!!
    Toodles!
    I totally agree!
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    YAY!! I'm glad to hear i'm not the ONLY one thats LOVING my food scale!! :) I'm glad you guys either have them or are going to get one.....seriously, they are AWESOME!! :)
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i love my food scale too! i use measuring cups/spoons and my food scale daily. no more questioning or over/under estimating! :happy:
  • ChristinaMarie85
    ChristinaMarie85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know there was such a thing! lol I'm going to have to look into it now. Thanks!
  • wnt2bbggr
    wnt2bbggr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just bought one on EBay....a fancy schmancy one that displays everything that you would see on the nutrition lable, and paid a LOT less than on the Amazon website. Can't wait to get it! http://www.amazon.com/Kitrics-Digital-Nutrition-Label-Scale/dp/B004TZ51TW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1302728723&sr=8-6
  • mcarpe52797
    Options
    My food scale is definitely the best purchase I have made! It was eye opening to find out that what I thought was just wasn't and that I was eating 1 1/2 times (at least) what I was supposed to. For $20 I saved myself the guestimating and the disappointment of not losing weight because I would have been eating too much. I just can't stress enough that a food scale is the MUST HAVE item for anyone who is tracking their food consumption!
  • grstorm
    grstorm Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more with the love for a scale! I am so glad I read the comments because i was measuring everything and not using the zero function! Duh, I am so glad I know now, it'll be dinner prep so much easier!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    You should enter a Chalene Johnston look a like contest! Same narrow face and same hair style. She'd love it esp since you love nutrition and health. She's hit her 5000 cap friends on fb but still... fun to think about.
  • farrah_eliza
    Options
    I bought one a few weeks ago- I LOVE it!! so easy to keep track of things now!! no guessing