What is P90X?

Options
megz4987
megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
I've seen this a few times on other weightloss sites. What is it, exactly?

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    What is google? I've heard of that too... I think

;)
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Its a 90 day in home extreme workout program. I've done 2 rounds of it...its phenomenal!!
  • starboardzor
    Options
    It's a work out that can benefit and challenge even a person who's already in pretty good shape. It's a lot of FUN!!
  • HalfofHilary
    Options
    Its a work out program that is pretty intesive but I have heard it has amazing results.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/p90x-faqs.do
  • goaskdad
    goaskdad Posts: 11
    Options
    It's a fitness program from beachbody.com. You can go to http://p90x.com to get info from the vendor.

I've been doing it for about a month, but I'm not at the point where I can do it every day yet. It's very intense, but if you can do it, you can get very fit. For folks unable to do the P90X routine, they have several other workout videos (including P90 "Classic" which is similar but not quite as intense).
  • blackbelt_jan
    Options
    P90X is a workout program by BeachBody Fitness. It's pretty intense, but gets results. I ordered it, then ended up tearing my ACL the day before it came. Bummer! But I've seen lots of people get amazing results.

There are several CDs that come with the program - Kenpo, Stretching, Yoga, Chest & Back, Shoulders & Arms, Legs & Back, Chest Shoulders & Triceps, Back & Biceps, Plyometrics, Core, Cardio, Ab Ripper.

It includes a 90 day program to follow with all the cds.

Good Luck!
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options

;)

Haha, my first thought as well!
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options

;)

That was really rude. The person hasnt heard of P90 so she was just asking. No reason to be snotty about it.
  • HalfofHilary
    Options

;)

That was really rude. The person hasnt heard of P90 so she was just asking. No reason to be snotty about it.

I have to agree with this She was simply asking a bunch of people on a FITNESS site about P90X.. no need to be rude about it..
  • gazbo1986
    gazbo1986 Posts: 52
    Options
    it's an overrated workout plan that people throw their money at.

i'm very anti-p90x, i think it's just completely overrated. just eat healthy, lift heavy and stay active and you can achieve the same results, if not better than what you'd get wasting your time doing p90x
  • heathersmilez
    Options

;)

THANK YOU!

Come on guys, google is a great resource to find out WHAT something is. For detailed opinions on how effective it is then yes, MFP is the place for that.

Ps: obviously no one understands what ;) is either, lets all google that. It is a playful wink, it is used to indicate humour and friendly teasing. YAY GOOGLE HELPS AGAIN!
  • megz4987
    Options

;)

THANK YOU!

Come on guys, google is a great resource to find out WHAT something is. For detailed opinions on how effective it is then yes, MFP is the place for that.

Ps: obviously no one understands what ;) is either, lets all google that. It is a playful wink, it is used to indicate humour and friendly teasing. YAY GOOGLE HELPS AGAIN!

I saw a few people on here were doing it, I'd rather ask the people that are doing it and maybe get personal opinions on it than just google it.
    P.S. a smiley face doesnt make a rude comment ok.

Thanks everyone else for your replies!!
  • heathersmilez
    Options

i'm very anti-p90x, i think it's just completely overrated. just eat healthy, lift heavy and stay active and you can achieve the same results, if not better than what you'd get wasting your time doing p90x

Ha ha ha, **like***

I'm all for beachbody and some of there programs but ONLY if you buy these systems for $50 or less like me. If you pay $150 on the infomercial then yea, you got sucked into the marketing hype and overpaid. I got Insanity for free and I'm glad I did, did not like it at all, Turbo Fire for $50 and Chalene Extreme for $25, the power of classifieds people! All that DVD savings = free skinny clothes.
  • heathersmilez
    Options

;)

THANK YOU!

I saw a few people on here were doing it, I'd rather ask the people that are doing it and maybe get personal opinions on it than just google it.

I didn't say go google it and get the f* out of here, I said I think I heard of google then winked, yes that is humour. Sorry it was lost on you.
  • megz4987
    Options

;)

THANK YOU!

I didn't say go google it and get the f* out of here, I said I think I heard of google then winked, yes that is humour. Sorry it was lost on you.

Haha, right. goodluck.
  • starboardzor
    Options

It wasn't THAT expensive. Furthermore, I was very intimidated by weights and the gym for YEARS and P90X introduced me to free weights and really started me off. It was just the introduction I needed and it's been extremely insightful and helpful for me. I'm not the only one who thinks this. There are thousands of us. I've seen changes in my body that I would not be seeing right now if it weren't for the P90X program.
  • Azuleelan
    Azuleelan Posts: 218
    Options

;)

THANK YOU!

Awesomely wicked sense of humor!
  • gazbo1986
    gazbo1986 Posts: 52
    Options

It wasn't THAT expensive. Furthermore, I was very intimidated by weights and the gym for YEARS and P90X introduced me to free weights and really started me off. It was just the introduction I needed and it's been extremely insightful and helpful for me. I'm not the only one who thinks this. There are thousands of us. I've seen changes in my body that I would not be seeing right now if it weren't for the P90X program.

it's dropped down in price, but still i think it's around the $250 mark, which is just stupid when you can get workout plans for FREE on the internet.

and i've yet to see any impressive "before and after" p90x progress pictures (that isn't an obvious advertorial run by p90x marketing *kitten*)

for something that works you so hard, the results sure are minimal.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    The results are only minimal if you don't put in the work or eat well.

I love it and have gotten wonderful results.
  • melisa0296
    melisa0296 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've got friends that are doing it and the results are great. One had issues with hitting a plateau, but she just threw in some Zumba and is off and running with both. I love the Beachbody products, and there are ways of buying from the company without paying the full price.

Good luck, and welcome!