I'M STILL HUNGRY!!!!!

Options
So 30 minutes after I finish my dinner I'm still ALWAYS hungry. It's only after dinner, never after breakfast or lunch. I feel like I'm eating a good amount of food, but it never fails that I'm still always hungry. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! Any suggestions?

Replies

• BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Maybe eating the wrong kinds of foods. Sounds like you may be eating a lot of carbs that can give you that crash feeling afterwards and make you hungry again. Try eating more veggies and protein for dinner.
  • KATE509
    KATE509 Posts: 25
    Options
    cut the carbs and add protein
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Try drinking a glass of water with dinner. That usually fills me up.
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    eat complex carbs for breakfast. Drink a full glass of water before you eat supper.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    cut the carbs and add protein

I agree. Protein helps keep me full
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Are you eating a lot of carbs at dinner? Carbs will raise you blood sugar and cause you to fell hungry faster. Try to eat a lot of vegetables and lean protein with dinner and keep the potatoes to a minimum. A serving of starch (Potatoes, pasta, rice is only about a half of a cup). If you need a snack after dinner try popcorn, cheese, piece of fruit or a side salad with a little dressing if your calorie counter has any left. OH and eat slow.
  • suzannewelsh
    suzannewelsh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hmmm... what are you doing after dinner? I get hungry too after dinner if i'm just sitting around watching tv... especially when every other commercial is about food. tempting you!
  • applebottomjeans11
    applebottomjeans11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would drink a bottle of water before, with and after you eat and see if that helps. I always drink water with and after I eat and before breakfast because I tend to be hungry within an hour. This will help your body adjust to the fact that you are eating less calories a day. It has really helped me.
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    your fibre is extremely low. try add more fibre with vegies or something - steamed, baked, they're all good. drink a glass of water before eating.
  • Shua456
    Shua456 Posts: 211
    Options
    Are you taking in enough calories throughout the day? I know that's my problem because I have the same issue most evenings. I'll eat throughout the day but it's all such low calorie stuff that by the time dinner rolls around I'm famished.

I've started eating more of my calories throughout the day plus my dinners now are mostly protein. I also get busy after dinner, instead of watching t.v. or playing on the computer (like I'm doing now) I try to engage myself in something that forces me to focus or keeps my physically active so that I don't think about being hungry.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    Try drinking a glass of water before you eat, then with your meal......I also try to have some sort of activity planned for after dinner.......for me being hungry after dinner is a lot of times mental. I know it's my last meal of the day and I tend to dwell on it.
  • rachelwebster
    rachelwebster Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    no matter what I eat or drink I am always hungry too. I think my stomach is stretched out from years of big portions.....I'm told in time it will get better.
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    As most others have said, I would agree with drinking a glass of ice cold water 20-30 minutes BEFORE you eat, then cap your meal off with a glass of skim milk. Good Luck Oh and let us know what works for you!!
  • tristahenry
    tristahenry Posts: 175
    Options
    I get like that when I'm not eating enough fiber earlier in the day.
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others ---drink water before the meal --- add protein - nix excess carbs --- also fiber is filling - so maybe some food with lots of fiber.
    Good luck
  • biggerpix
    biggerpix Posts: 96
    Options
    I do a lot of veggies and fish for dinners. After a plate of 4 oz of fish, 1/2 cup of beans or a stalk of steamed brocolli, I am STUFFED. Snacks like avacados are filling too.
  • mariatri
    mariatri Posts: 15
    Options
    Try to make sure you eat protein for breakfast and maybe some oatmeal,you will do just fine and you will not be hungry.Take a walk after dinner and stay away from the kitchen.
  • resptech97
    resptech97 Posts: 147
    Options
    LOL you could have left off that 160 calorie ice cream sandwich and had another 3 oz of the mahi mahi!