Blisters-- HELP

Options
I'm jogging a 10K in 9 days and I have blisters on the balls of both feet. They are getting to the point where I'm having trouble with just doing my exercise routine. I've tried the special band aids and the mole skin to protect the area. Nothing seems to help.. Any ideas?

Replies

• krixi
    krixi Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have so many problems with blisters on my feet, and unfortunately you just have to wait it out. once they're there, they need to heal, or they'll just get worse everytime you run.. maybe try not doing any running for a few days? focus on upper body maybe, and then see if it gets better?
  • lisapickering
    Options
    I am a runner and the queen of blisters!!! I suggest stop running for a couple of days to let them heal. When you start running again wear the bandaids. A trick that I use is to wear 2 pair of socks so that the socks rub against each other and not your skin. I have never had blisters on the balls of my feet though.

Good luck on the 10K! You can do it even if you take a few days off!
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem (I even posted a pic on my profile, feel free) The only thing I have found to work or prevent them is A) moleskin. Took me a while to figure out that you're supposed to put it around the blister and not over it. B) Liquid bandage. Indispensable tool in the fight against blisters. C) Anti-Monkey Butt Powder. That's the name and holy crow does it help! I put a little inside my shoes and socks, feet stay much drier. Socks are definitely a huge factor. If I wear the wrong socks, I'm screwed for about a week. Get some good ones that fit well, and have some cushioning! Also, if you are walking and feel that lovely burning feeling, STOP, rest for a few minutes and air your soles. I have been know to veg out on park benches to keep from blistering, and I always have a spare set of socks in my bag. Hope this helps and good luck!!
  • jjbcb
    jjbcb Posts: 21
    Options
    I had the same thing the first two weeks, very painful. I tried moleskin as well and no luck. Just toughed it out and soaked my feet in epson salts twice a day. It helped a little. I know what your going through but hang in there, it can only get better. :flowerforyou:
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    Ouch!

can't overestimate wearing good proper running socks.. ...like coolmax or poly and definitely _not_ cotton..
    since switching from cotton i don't see so many blisters but i still do get them if not from bad socks, usually from the wrong shoes or breaking in a new show... the last ones were above my heels on the achilles tendon

even not having blisters, i have to treat my feet regularly anyway from soaking in a hot jacuzzi with epsom salts to soothe my sore muscles -- unfortunately as great as those baths are for the rest of me -- they really dry out my feet so I need to look after them with foot cream etc

Calendula lotion and ointments work best for me for skin irritations of any kind-- in fact I have put globs of it on the sore then the good socks and shoes and then gone for a run and feel just fine
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!