Calorie Help?

Options
genny124
genny124 Posts: 15 Member
Hi, I'm not sure if im taking in the right amount of calories. I'm a 15- year old female and lately i have been eating around 1300. Is that good or should i be taking in more and i try to workout at least 2-3 times a week? Can someone please help me?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome. If you go to your home page and put all your information in it will guide you to the right amount of calories you need in a day. It all depends on you weight goals. Good luck!
  • Shua456
    Shua456 Posts: 211
    Options
    What does MFP allot for you to eat for calories? Start there, but at your age 1300 is probably not quite enough.. At 15 you definitely want to eat back at least 2/3 of your exercise calories because you are still growing and your body needs that fuel. Don't skiimp on you calcium, at your age that is extremely important.

How much to do you realistically have to lose? Are you overweight or do you just think you are? I don't mean that to sound harsh but so many kids that are beautiful think they still need to lose 15 pounds so that they can be rail thin. Don't go that route! If you do have weight to lose though then diet and exercise is the only safe way to do it. My own dd is 15 and she has lost 15 pounds by simply cutting back on portions and doing yoga every day.
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi!~ I was curious... you say that your only 15... and wanting to find out a little more about you, your profile says your 20... so which is it?...LOL
  • genny124
    genny124 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know, my brother created my account for me haha. But i'm 15. Shua, no i do need to lose the weight, its fine that you ask...alot of girls in my school think they need to lose weight when they are perfectly fine...and the ones that do need to lose it well...haha im trying but i dont know how many calories to eat.