Any Asians Out There? I need help

Options
2»

Replies

• I_Got_This_23
    I_Got_This_23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Pho is great, but watch the rice noodles! If you make it at home, add some shredded napa cabbage to take the place of about half the noodles. Yam noodles have the texture of slightly overcooked rice noodles for little to no calories, but the price is crazy high. I tried all sorts of substitutes for white rice (brown rice, couscous, quinoa), but I found that cutting back the portion on some good white jasmine rice is more satisfying than any substitute.
    There is a brand of instant noodles called Mama that make a clear soup with rice noodles, and I LOVE it, and it's 200 calories a pack. WATCH your sodium though. Not sure of your ethnicity, but I'm vietnamese and the amount of sodium in fish sauce would floor you.
    When I go out for dim sum, I time it so it takes the place of two meals (like 11am and skip breakfast), and then go light on dinner, because I don't know about you, but I will eat my weight in dim sum.
  • lotushw
    lotushw Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @jhall1218

I will try your suggestions on Pho as I tend to load up on the noodles when I make it at home. At the restaurants I order the small bowls. I'm a Bun Bo Hue addict! But I think that may have a lot of fat in it, so I'll just get the Pho Tai next time and occasionally have the Bun Bo Hue.

I'm the same on the dim sum part. I consider it “brunch”. I just calculated some of the dimsum that I ate and it was high! I’ll have to do more research on dimsum calories so I can make smarter choices next time.