Cardio before bed?

Options
I'm just wondering...is it OK to do my cardio routine an hour before bed or so?

It is the "only" time I have all day that's "just mine."

Replies

• AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    DO IT! And then take a shower and drink some calming unsweetened tea to help you sleep.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Do it whenever it works for you! Some people have trouble sleeping after working out; if it doesn't bother you, go for it!
  • mad8588
    mad8588 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it'd be better than no cardio at all!
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    well i'm sure it varies from person to person, but for me it's been very difficult to work out at night and lose weight. the only time i have to work out is from 7-9 pm, and i am ALWAYS so hungry afterwards, so usually i end up eating right before bed which is a recipe for fat-storing disaster. but the nights where i just drink some soymilk or something, i'll end up waking up at 4 am starving. then i'll be dead tired the whole next day. i mean working out at night is certainly better than not at all, but i don't think it's a very ideal situation :\
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    I'm in college full-time and I work all different hours, so I fit it in whenever I can.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    As long as it doesn't affect your sleep and you feel good, sure. I used to go to the gym later at night because that worked with my schedule and it was fine, in fact it relaxed me so I slept better.
  • tjlynn80
    tjlynn80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thats as good a time as any! Go for it. After you shower, you can relax and have a better sleep.
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    Do it whenever you can, esp if it doesnt disturb your sleep.
  • lovemyhellokitty
    lovemyhellokitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I exercise anytime I can- even as late as 10 p.m! As far as eating afterwards- I always eat after I exercise no matter what time it is because I can't sleep when I am hungry. I know everyone is different but it's working for me :)
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    It's worth a shot. I could never do cardio at night and be able to sleep... unless it was swimming.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I do taekwondo in the evenings twice a week and it's definitely cardio! I'm so worn out that I sleep like a baby after!

I am hungry afterwards so I usually have a smoothie (with protein) or a lower carb snack of some kind. I don't worry about the smoothie being low carb since it's all whole foods.