Just want your opinion.

Options
I'm eating right, measuring out my foods and drinking water nonstop, but my question is what is the best drink..other the water to drink while trying to lose weight? && Like I said, I'm eating right and measuring stuff out but an hour or so I'm hungry again, what in ya'lls opinions the healthy snacks?

Replies

• annadilynn
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea...peppermint...chamamile..I use splenda to sweeten....it really helps and it doesnt have caffein so no worries there.
  • be_kris
    be_kris Posts: 47
    Options
    Although you said you're drinking a lot of water. Sometimes when you think you're hungry, you're actually thirsty. I started drinking a bottle of water before every meal, and I find I eat less. Then when I'm hungry later, I down another bottle, and I'm no longer hungry.

I was getting sick of water, so my husband and I started buying Crystal Light packets. They are only 10 calories each, and there are TONS of different flavours!!
  • kiawya
    kiawya Posts: 73
    Options
    Try the Fiber One bars. They have a lot of fiber to keep you feeling fuller longer. They are low calorie too.
  • Deedee0075
    Deedee0075 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Anything that is not loaded with sugar. I have a friend who dilutes orange juice with water to cut calories. Personally, I stopped drinking diet sodas 2 years ago but occasionally I'll have a diet snapple. I must say, the only way I was able to stop drinking diet soda was with seltzer water and sparkling water. Seltzer is Godsend. Squeeze a lime and it's super refreshing. I drink it every day.
  • mckennamom
    mckennamom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I drink tea most often when I want something other than water. I also like Crystal Lite (5 calories) they both hit that sweet spot when I'm tired of drinking water all day. For snacks I eat a lot of fruit. I like apples especially because they take some time to eat so it kills that "boredom eating" I also keep Sargento's Lite String cheese on hand.
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love the 5 calorie Crystal light packets
  • jacqnwatkins
    jacqnwatkins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I drink Crystal Light packets with metabolism boost:smile:
  • Jewels1681
    Options
    Hi Amber!. I am also measuring out my servings when I eat and also drinking water and I am still hungry also. but I know that if you find snacks like protein bars, fiber bars they will help you feel full longer. I am like this now only because I just started measuring my food and I have to wait for my body to get used to that and my stomach to shrink. I know it takes a while for this. like a week. try those snacks out and let me know if it works for you. OOO I just thought of something good. Have you ever tried Special K cereal? Or even slim fast drinks? That worked for me in the past. Im gonna start again on that too! Good luck! You can add me if you like too feel free=]
  • mvonk1016
    mvonk1016 Posts: 19
    Options
    Carrots! or any other veggies, but I like carrots the best. Anything with complex carbs and fiber. I know they have the anti banana adds on the sides of the screen, but they are suppose to help you to stay fuller longer.
  • leelee03
    leelee03 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    my hubby and i love propel zero, vitamin water and sobe water 0...all have 0 calories, are still water, but have TASTE! lol! And they have lots of vitamins too : )
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Sobe makes a 5-calorie cranberry/apple drink that's pretty good. I don't remember what exactly it's sweetened with, but I know it's NOT aspartame or sucralose, so I consider it a good alternative when I'm totally sick of water.
  • AmberRose0319
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm going shopping for different stuff tomorrow. Ya'll have given me some good stuff to work with! (:
  • Walorie
    Walorie Posts: 44
    Options
    I have found MiO the new sugar free water enhancer...it's like drinking Kool-aid...and I am a huge Kool-aid fan from way back. They have many flavors, my favorite is the berry pomegranite...YUM:drinker: try them, they work really well for me and they are a nice break from water, of which I am also a huge fan...ENJOY!
  • Higglyjiggly64
    Options
    I'm really getting into the carbonated waters. They have all sorts of flavors and no calories. I used to be a big soda drinker, so this is taking the place of soda pop quite well.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Herbal tea,no caffeine and no calories
  • Sugar5593
    Sugar5593 Posts: 22
    Options
    Ok so i read on a website about some of the rules u have to fallow when having the gastric bypass surgery. So it said that your body digests liquid faster then solid food and that you will feel hungry sooner when you are drinking... If you drink lots of liquid between meals you will be less hungry, then 30minutes before your meal stope drinking and dont drink anything with your meal and not for at least an hour after and you will feel fuller longer. when you drink with your meals you are basicly making a soup in your stomach and you will digest faster and be hungry sooner. After an hour of eating (or when u start to feel hungry again) load up on water really fast like 8-10 oz and then sip untill your next meal... I have been doing this mostly for breakfast and lunch and it works so well... (my big problem is after work when im less bussy and less distracted lol) i hope this helps :smile: