My 1st NSV: Self-Control

alpepp
alpepp Posts: 55 Member
edited September 26 in Success Stories
I overcame my first episode of stress eating today since starting up two weeks ago. Emotional/stress eating is what got me into the current state of affairs so this was pretty huge.

After a long 9 hour day at work, I had an Accounting exam across town and then try to make it to Zumba in less than an hour and a half. As I was halfway to my exam, I realized I had to turn back around and hit the ATM to pick up the cash for the correspondence fee, making me even later. As I was driving to the school to take the exam, I passed all the places I would have previously stopped for a stress snack - Taco Bell, Whataburger, Starbucks, Mc Donalds. Instead, I drove straight there, took the exam, drove to the gym and made into Zumba only five minutes late.

Learning that I have control over what goes into my body is an amazing motivator.

Replies

• mcmcat13
    mcmcat13 Posts: 26 Member
    Great job!! Its a wonderful feeling to have self-control and realize what you are doing! :) Good luck with your weight loss journey! :)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    Great job! One step at a time!
  • cc2r1511
    cc2r1511 Posts: 127 Member
    I totally understand! Eating because of stress (or to feel better) is something I am trying to control. So far, I have lost 21 pounds by trying to control it! Good luck on your journey!
  • AWESOME!!!!! Baby Steps!!!!!
  • tpepp
    tpepp Posts: 2
    That's my girl! You can be so "determined" to do so many things, it's about time that you decided to be determined about taking care of yourself! Love ya and I am VERY proud of ya!! Before you know it you'll be driving past those same places in your cowgirl get-up headed to the club to dance the night away!!! Can I go too? ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!