Looking for some MFP friends

Options
Hi everybody, I'm actually about 3 weeks in now, but I'm looking for some "pals" for mutual accountability and support. I am an athlete that is out of sports right now, so I am looking to keep an eye on my health and try to stay active, at least until I can get active with another group, probably still after that, because let's face it, this site is gold. Looking for friends of all shapes, sizes, and stories. If you are on here trying, then you have my full respect. :-)

Replies

• ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Welcome....you are right this site is gold. I admire an athlete that is admitting that they need to have accountability as well. Good luck in keeping yourself in athlete form.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Watch out dude, these guys are a bad influence lol (that has nothing to do with diet or exercise btw)
  • owlwomyn
    owlwomyn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I would be happy to be your friend. Feel free to add me! I also have my diary on "share" with friends which I think hels a great deal!
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    arhzon, I can relate. I used to be an athlete myself, until I suffered a serious injury. Now, I'm trying to lose the last of my "injury weight."
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm an athlete too so feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    This site is gold! I too am looking for support, accountability and encouragement. Feel free to friend me too!
  • KootenayGal
    Options
    Hey there....feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me too. I love this site. I was never into sports when I was younger, but I'm actually discovering my 'inner athlete' in mid-life, having recently discovered that I love running and training for races.