Too much protein?

Options
I am consistently high on my protein intake. If it is lean protein and I am within my calorie limits, is that a bad thing? I am usually about the same amount under my carbs and fat as I am over on my protein.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Replies

• singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, MFP default settings has carbs set too high, and fat and protein set too low. You can customize your nutrition settings under GOALS on your home page.
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    They say red meat should be limited. Something about free radicals and all that. But fish and poultry are good. If you don't seem to have much energy, then you might up your healthy carbs. Have trouble concentrating? They say increasing your healthy fats helps in that area. I get most of my info from Women's Health Magazine and SELF Magazine. You can "like" them on Facebook and get some great articles posted in your news feed.
  • toni1011
    toni1011 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree with singer....I don't think there is ever "too much" protein as long as it is lean protein. I have adjusted my settings a few times.
  • abrown4348
    abrown4348 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Very helpful. I didn't think it was bad if it's all lean/healthy protein and I was staying within calorie goals, but people around here seem to have really good input on these types of things.

Thank you!