New and battling demons

Kibure
Kibure Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, My name is Kibure (Kibby) and I am new here. I weigh 224 lbs, which is 26 lbs lighter than when I moved to Oregon in March. I was lighter but had a very stressful roommate. I am an emotional eater, and though I have identified that and I am trying to work with it, the stress of the roommate kept me eating unhealthy and I gained 4 lbs.

I have tried several diets, and not much success. Recently I started having alot of pain in my knees and feet. This is attributed to arthritis and makes it very difficult to exercise. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies

• Hello, My name is Kibure (Kibby) and I am new here. I weigh 224 lbs, which is 26 lbs lighter than when I moved to Oregon in March. I was lighter but had a very stressful roommate. I am an emotional eater, and though I have identified that and I am trying to work with it, the stress of the roommate kept me eating unhealthy and I gained 4 lbs.

I have tried several diets, and not much success. Recently I started having alot of pain in my knees and feet. This is attributed to arthritis and makes it very difficult to exercise. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    :flowerforyou: welcome
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    95.gif Welcome to MPF

Let's start by changing the word "DIET" to "HEALTHY EATING". This is a way of life!!!

I use to be an emotional and boredom eater and I have "almost" stop doing both. I have to constantly say to myself I don't need that or I'm not hungry right now. It's hard but the more you work at it the easier that will get.

Have you sat down with your room-mate and tried to figure out what is causing all the stress?
  • Hi Kibby and welcome to the site :smile:

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your roomate, but I do agree with EvilPIB have you tried sitting down with your roomate to let him or her know what is going on and try and find out a solution to it.

Also healthy eating and lifestyle change go hand in hand. I myself never say I am on a diet because to me a diet is a quick fix that never works. So I always say for me its a lifestyle change.

I am 45 years old and I too have arthritis and I have it in all of my joints in my body. There are times that I have such a hard time walking but I do manage and what has helped me is that I do take a over the counter anti-inflamitory and I do excercise 5 times a week plus I also do weight lifting to help build muscle and bone. I have been told by the Dr. that I will be in a wheel chair because of the arthritis, but I am bound and determind to prove my Dr. wrong.

This is just another road in your life that will have some bumps and curves in your journey on the way to a new lifestyle and a new you, and you will learn so much on the way.

I wish you all the best in this new journey:smile:
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    welcome Kibure, To start with a healthy way of eating and exercise will help, both physically and mentally. There are many tools on this website to help you. Especially the daily log ins keep you on track. I to have arthuritis in fact just 6 weeks ago I had my hip resurface because of it. I just keep pushing everyday and dont let it get me down. As far as the room mate, when they get on your nerves do some exercising and get your mind off of them. Even if you put a set of headphone on and dance would help. Anyway good luck with journey here and enjoy your day...Joann
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Welcome to MFP.

I wish you much success.
This discussion has been closed.