Bad, bad binge....

Options
Well, I have been having myself a rough few weeks...
I have gained 4lbs in the last two weeks and honestly...this week isn't looking too promising...
I can't tell you exactly what set this particular ball rolling but I've had a rough go of things from financial stress to serious work issues to food cravings and everything in between...
Yesterday was a particularly bad day - the combination of a very upsetting work day, my husband being out of town, TOM, being very hungry, and generally feeling like I just don't care - and I ate all of my frustrations for dinner in the form of Dominos. I ordered a medium ham and mushroom pizza, chicken kickers with ranch and hot sauce, and lava crunch cakes. I ate every bit of it except for one chicken kicker and one slice of pizza. I also drank milk with my "meal" so that certainly didn't help LOL
While I personally find it impressive that I could even fit all of that in, I acknowledge that it is also very depressing...
The worst part was that (because my hubby is out of town I sleep with the TV on) I woke up to a P90X infomercial on the TV and decided that I was going to jump into that with my hubby when he gets back. I've been doing this for over a year now, it's time to step it up already....
I don't know, I'm just kind of rambling now...
My point is, I am having a BAD week and if anyone else is too, I just wanted to say, you're not alone :)

Replies

• doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    Options
    I hear you. It's hard. Hang in there! I'm feeling like I could eat the house. It's stress. If I feel full - I don't feel the other stuff.
    UGH
    The rest of today is another day.........
  • cerrmann
    cerrmann Posts: 19
    Options
    Meh don't get too stressed out! I do that at least once every month and don't end up gaining anything after a couple days later. I find I have to have those because after it makes me get back on track for another 3-4 weeks hehe. They actually keep me on track each time. I love a good pizza and whatever some nights, it's what you eat most of the time that matters :)
  • karen1612
    karen1612 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry it's been a bad week for you. But you are right in saying we're not alone. There are just days when you want to 'medicate' with food but then you hate yourself for it afterwards. You've come so far though, and like you, I've been doing this for ages and keep losing and gaining the same 10kgs. Hang in there is all I can say. I've just started using the forums so I'm hoping to get extra (any!) inspiration and support from them. Tomorrow's a brand new day!! Start looking after number 1 :)
  • jeremymaritz
    Options
    The best part about this: about finding the BEST you inside...is that there will always be bumps in the road but we learn from them and live to fight another day. Just because you fall off once (or twice, or a year LOL), doesn't mean you can't get right back on again.

You're doing great. Keep at it! Don't let this discourage you.
  • schotas
    schotas Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Try not to beat yourself up too much. It happens to all of us, too, from time to time. Probably has a lot to do with the TOM...hormones, water retention,...it has a way of knocking a good woman down. The great news is tomorrow is a brand new day. I hope your Thursday will be wonderful. :smile:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Been there done that...will probably get there, do it again. Hang in there. You recognize the issue which is great and you know it isn't where you want to be/do. Let it go and try to start afresh tomorrow.
  • aecryan
    aecryan Posts: 89
    Options
    oh friend... I feel your heartache. I wish I had some eloquent words or sassy sayings that could brighten your mood, but I don't. All I can say is that I feel embarrassed and ashamed on my binges as well. Food can numb my emotions better than any drug on the market. Just recognize that there will be bumps in the road and temporary setbacks. Keep moving forward! You can do this!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Every day is a brand new shiny day. And if you mess that one up, another brand new day will come along tomorrow. Admitting an "oops" is the first step. Way to keep yourself accountable! I know I've had days where my food diary has been in the red by FOUR digits - sad to say several times. But I keep trying.

You've got the whole rest of your life to get healthy. Just start right.... NOW!

You can do it!!!!
  • 145Karen
    145Karen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Oh wow I have had a lifetime of this kind of episode I have been reading books by Geneen Roth she is an amazing woman she has been every thing from anorexic to 100 lbs overweight and she learned the reasons why she would eat. I eat out of emotion often and her books helped me explore myself see why I can never get full sometimes. I have a very long story but now I know eating will never solve the losses my heart feels so I need to feel and I know its okay to. check out this book its called Women Food and God by Geneen Roth
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I totally understand TOM. All this week I've been craving salt and sweets, which never is good. I ate a huge doughnut today without even thinking about it. When I had only two or so bites left I realized what I had done, but instead of stopping, I just finished it off. the good thing about TOM is that it only happens every few weeks. This time next week you'll be back to normal. Hang in there!
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I had one of those days today. I started off good then I made some garlic cresent rolls with cheese and hard salami, and ate FOUR. To top that off I just had a nice bowl of butter pecan ice cream. That just means I gotta get back on track tomorrow! It happens to the best of us, if it was easy to lose weight then there would be no one needing to lose the weight.
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    Don't worry about the bad days - they're behind you. Just put your energy into making tomorrow a great day.

As one smart fellow MFPer quoted, "You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there" ~Edwin Cole
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    im right there with you i have been having a really bad week to ever since my weigh in on monday showed me gaining 3 pounds even though i thought i was doing great. like today i did great on meals 1 and 2 but meals 3 and 4 took me overboard even though i worked out alot and right now im 76 calories over goal and still hungry : (
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    You are still here, that means that you are ready to get back on track, rather than just throwing in the towel!
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I hear ya friend! I, too, have been off track for the last 4 weeks and I've gained back 9lbs. Mine was a combination of health issues ( I live in chronic pain), my 20yr old daughter is back home and can't find a job, my 18 year old is chronically ill and having some new issues, my 10 year old son has ADHD and ODD and it's been so hectic dealing with his tantrums, financial stress, my weight loss efforts (lack there of) was stressing me out. So, needless to say, I feel your pain, but tomorrow is a new day for me!! I'm getting back on track! Feel free to friend me if you'd like some support or send me a message anytime, I mean it!! You're not alone!!
  • grammsterof6
    grammsterof6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Must have been in the air, I did a big binge myself tonight! You are sooo not alone. We will just get back on the wagon tomorrow, right? Right!
  • guidnca
    guidnca Posts: 64
    Options
    Well, I have been having myself a rough few weeks...
    I have gained 4lbs in the last two weeks and honestly...this week isn't looking too promising...
    I can't tell you exactly what set this particular ball rolling but I've had a rough go of things from financial stress to serious work issues to food cravings and everything in between...
    Yesterday was a particularly bad day - the combination of a very upsetting work day, my husband being out of town, TOM, being very hungry, and generally feeling like I just don't care - and I ate all of my frustrations for dinner in the form of Dominos. I ordered a medium ham and mushroom pizza, chicken kickers with ranch and hot sauce, and lava crunch cakes. I ate every bit of it except for one chicken kicker and one slice of pizza. I also drank milk with my "meal" so that certainly didn't help LOL
    While I personally find it impressive that I could even fit all of that in, I acknowledge that it is also very depressing...
    The worst part was that (because my hubby is out of town I sleep with the TV on) I woke up to a P90X infomercial on the TV and decided that I was going to jump into that with my hubby when he gets back. I've been doing this for over a year now, it's time to step it up already....
    I don't know, I'm just kind of rambling now...
    My point is, I am having a BAD week and if anyone else is too, I just wanted to say, you're not alone :)

Do I know those moments of being lonely and stressed? Sorry that you hit the Domino's, it is not worth bragging about because the next morning feels so bad. Try to remember how you felt before you gained the weight. Try to remember what you felt before you ordered Domino's. Which feels worse the hangover or the compulsion before? I know this, because I have eaten a box of little debbies in a day when I was on my own. Sucks.