new to MFP...need to loose at least 100 lbs

Options
Hi, I am a newbie here...I am a 312 lb man tryin to loose down to 200...I can use all the help I can get

Replies

• deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Hey, good luck on your journey. Try to stay focused and lots of moving around. It definately helps.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    If you need any advise, shoot me a message. I have a lot of clients in te same boat as you. How many calories does MFP tell you to take in?
  • kiisha_11
    kiisha_11 Posts: 55
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It is a very motivational site.

You can lose 100 pounds, but it takes time. I'm pretty sure you know that. Stay Positive. And believe in yourself and you can do it. Make some goals and a plan and you will be there in no time.
    Good Luck.
  • mssw18
    mssw18 Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome I'm new as well. MFP has proven to be very helpful. I wish you all the success :)
  • KATE509
    KATE509 Posts: 25
    Options
    This is a great site and will help you. Good Luck!
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You can add me but one of the excellent (men) members on here is: daddyratty. He's knowledgeable, uses a great common sense approach and you'll do very well.

Claire :)
  • thedons
    thedons Posts: 41
    Options
    hello. this site is awesome! everyone is wonderful. so much support & encouragement. feel free to add me as a friend.
  • mattsdad1961
    mattsdad1961 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I started my weight loss (this time) in Dec 2010 at 296 pounds. I lost about 10 pounds between then and the time I joined MFP. The tools and information and support have really helped me stay accountable to myself AND provided the information I need to make sense of healthier living.

Good luck! Feel free to add me to your friend list, if you are looking for another guy to bounce ideas off.
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    welcome and best of luck!!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Check out my profile - im 26 down and have alot left to go ...
    Friends who check in on you are crucial :)
  • aprilmroberts
    aprilmroberts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!

I am eating right & exercising....but it's hard to stay motivated! Friends & family can support you, you just have to ask for it!
  • husstler
    husstler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I, too, need to lose at least 100 lbs. This is a great tool to help you reach your goal. Be brutally honest with yourself in your tracking - if you go over your goal even after exercise, DON'T GIVE UP. Start back over again the next day. One of my favorite mottoes is 'Progress, not perfection.' Make sure that you're getting some sort of exercise each day. DRINK YOUR WATER!! Best of luck!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    That was my goal to be down 100 pounds....I'm on my last 20 now. You can do it!!

2639362.png
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    Hey man and welcome.

Just stick to what MFP sets for you and you should have no problem at all, everyone is really friendly on here so ask away!

ENJOY!
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Take it from me, it can be done. Stick with us kid and we will get you there:)
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    awesome im trying to lose more than 100 lbs :)

what i know is put your mind into it and you will make it happen :flowerforyou:
    welcome to MFP
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have 182lbs to lose myself, so feel free to friend me!! Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey!!
  • clintwperkins
    Options
  • sthem5
    sthem5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am so there in that same spot! I have about 130 to lose! We can do it. Victory comes with the next choice.
  • Fitzpoppa
    Fitzpoppa Posts: 66
    Options
    Best of luck to you on your journey. If i can help in any way lemme know.