Healthy snack for 200ish calories

Options
Help!! I've only been tracking my food for 3 days now and I've consistently came in just under 1200, so last night I up'ed my menu a bit. (Un)fortunately I also worked out today so I'm still short on calories. I made it up to 1300 but have another 200+ before I hit where I am suppose to. Any ideas for an easy, healthy snack?

I'm maxed out on my protein. I'm suppose to have 100 grams a day and am at 103, but have room to spare everywhere else. I know the easy answer is to pop some morsel in my mouth, but I'm worried I won't have the willpower to stop or to not do it everyday. I have worked hard to cut out soda, sweets, etc and that was a real challenge.

Any help would be appreciated as I'll be in a worse spot tomorrow. I'm planning to take a 30 minute circuit class and a 60 minute master zumba class. Don't know how in the world I'll eat all those calories without turning to unhealthy food.

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat bread? It's got carbs, very little fat, and little or no protein.

A piece of fruit? A banana? A glass of milk?
  • abrown4348
    abrown4348 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    How about a little 2% chocolate milk. I've read that it's a fantastic post-workout beverage for recovery and getting in some fast-burning carbs. You will get a tiny bit more protein, but you'll get some fat and carbs in too.
  • MandyC82
    MandyC82 Posts: 73
    Options
    Smart pop popcorn? 220 I think
  • hmlayman
    hmlayman Posts: 70
    Options
    I wouldn't worry a lot about it if your not hungry. Just don't do it everyday. I think you may be looking too much into it. Just relax =) Making good decisions doesn't have to be hard all the time. Being over on your protein is not bad at all, I might add. Protein is good. Very good. Especially if your working out. As for suggestions, have that not-so-healthy snack. you don't want to keep yourself from anything because that will make you want it more. I hope this helps!!!! Please feel free to add me
  • owmyballs
    Options
    If you're working out, eat more protein. It will help you burn more fat than muscle.
  • ineednapkin
    ineednapkin Posts: 151
    Options
    I love almonds, wheat thins or crackers with laughing cow creamy swiss cheese, and triscuits with roasted red pepper hummus. Also trail mix and mini bags of popcorn are good- I really like orville redenbacher buttery salt and cracked pepper! YUM! Hope this helps!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Banana and PB! Banana's about 100 cals, add 1 tbsp for about 90 cals.
  • mommyx22009
    Options
    You don't HAVE to reach the calorie limit every day. Actually, if you stay under it, you will lose more than the projected weight loss set in your goals. Also, MFP has the protein levels set really low. You'll actually lose more weight if you eat more protein and less carbs. You can change these settings to reflect that if you'd like. As far as a healthy snack, you can eat a serving or two of nuts or a nut mix, a serving of cheese, a protein shake/smoothie. These will also help you up your proteins :) Hope this helps and good luck!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I have just discovered Vita Top muffins. They are only about 100 calories, but they have lots of protein, fiber, and are low in fat. I bought the chocolate ones, and I don't know how they do it!

I am planning on having mine with peanut butter and whipped cream for dessert. (darn TOM cravings!) LOL
  • boobear00
    boobear00 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone, I can't believe how quickly you all swooped in to offer suggestions. I'm new to this and figured I'd get one or two responses. Obviously I underestimated how many people are here committed to helping each other.

On one hand I do agree, I might be over thinking this. For over 6 months I have been working out religiously and not losing anything. Only to find out it was because I wasn't eating enough food and I was in starvation mode. I've been told I have to hit at least 1200 calories per day to stay away from that. So that is my daily goal and I'm still not getting there.

For those that brought up protein, I was amazed when I saw MFP has you only needing 50. I am on a plan where I eat at 100 grams a day. I just wasn't sure if I could eat too much.

Again thank you everyone. I don't get off work for another hour or so but you've given me plenty of ideas for a evening snack that I won't feel guilty about!!!
  • TeresaJill
    TeresaJill Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Berries! Why not have a bowl of your favorite berries? They're yummy AND they're good for you.
  • Siva786
    Options
    you can have papaya = 100 gm - 32 calories or

you can take Porriedge / Oats Upma.... Post your BF, please take Green Tea....